Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I check and clean everything,IAC MAF everything looks like is working but the car is still acting up,after I clean the IAC definitely improve a little but still not good,she struggles for some time to stabilize the idle,once she start to idle dos not sound right at all,also she fills sluggish,sims like she lost the tune:confused:.
I am wandering if is possible the tune to get bad after making the intake flows more air???
any input is very welcome THANKS

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way I added some Lucas fuel treatment in the gas,is possible that the fuel filter got clogged?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i cleaned my iac about 15 times before it just couldnt be cleaned no more,but changing your fuel filter wouldnt hurt

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
replace your IAC
looks like is working o.k,when car is running if i pool the plug car will shot down,that indicate that part is o.k,and by the way the car only have a 30k miles,you think the IAC will go bad that early?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Going off your title and not your possible IAC problem just reset your idle.
Disconnect the negative terminal for at least ten minutes from the battery. Reconnect, turn car over with the a/c off and all other major electronics off (i.e. radio). Let the car warm up for two minutes, turn the a/c to max still in park engine running for another two minutes. Go for a ten mile drive not less little more is oaky with the a/c still on max. Try and get some good stop and go streets with lights so you are on/off the gas often. Go back home turn her off. Done! Your idle has been reset (By the way this procedure is in the manual to those that don’t believe.)

·
Registered
487 Posts
The reason why the a/c should be on is because the ecu kicks your idle up due to the added strain on the motor. Should be fine though just remove the a/c steps out of the procedure and your idle will be set. However you may want to reprogram once you fix you’re a/c…because your idle will be funny again. When you use your a/c Just a suggestion.

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks dude, I'll try that this afternoon,I think that I put little to much Lucas fuel tretmant in the gas, I'll try to burn that gas and fill up fresh gas also I will change the fuel filter I hope that will fix the problem.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
when my iac was bad i could start the car and it would idle around 200-300 rpm,as long as i gave it gas it would idle,as soon as i let off the gas it would die back down or quit,cleaned the iac and it would help for about 15 days,replaced and i have no problems now

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when my iac was bad i could start the car and it would idle around 200-300 rpm,as long as i gave it gas it would idle,as soon as i let off the gas it would die back down or quit,cleaned the iac and it would help for about 15 days,replaced and i have no problems now
Iac is good I swap one from my grand marquis made no difference

·
Registered
998 Posts
I had a simular issue with a friends car and found it was his TPS. Might want to try that. if you get the car to start, does it smell rich or anything?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts