Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a feeling it is my fuel pressure it is at 30 psi

when i go to start it when it is cold or has been sittinf for a few hours it cranks right up. then i let it run for 5 minutes or so turn it off and try to crank it back up and it sounds like it kinda wants to fire but it doesnt.. then it smells like fuel bad...

255lph walbro fuel pump
38lb injectors
holly fuel pressure regulator

·
Registered
569 Posts
i had this same problem including before when you said your fuel pump wouldnt turn on check your computer relay that is probably it and if you had problems with other electrical you could have popped the eec relay this exact thing happened to me and it was the relay its right above the computer on the pass side kick panel hope this helps

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that was the problem before.. everything works now the fuel pump cycles with the key the car turns on with the key it will turn on and run when its cold i can adjust the time pull the plug on the distrubitor harness time it put it back in but when i shut it off i cant get it to turn back on..

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Ive seen this happen when the timing is set to high. Car performs great with the timing set high, but then after its warm has hard time starting. I dunno what your timing is set at but just a thought.

·
Registered
569 Posts
do you have a scanner hook it up and if it doesnt get a signal your computer is dead or theres no power to some of the pins on it like a dead leg on the relay it took me 3 tries before the relay worked and when i had this problem only the injectors were getting power

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just replaced that relay yesterday that is why it wouldnt run before so i know its not that..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Which you probably know this but when I built my engine, heads, cam exc.… My computer would not let it run when it was warm. (It started right up cold and ran a couple mins but thats it) I had to keep gasing it due to all the components trying to run as if it was stock. The computer, once it warmed up it tried to run as stock so in the end it just bogged out and didn’t run wile it was warm.

·
Registered
569 Posts
what did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the computer is new when it starts it would run till i turned it off...

i figured it out it was the fuel pressure.. i was looking at the pressure when it was primed but when it was running it was 20 psi more so i turned it down to 38 running psi and it runs great and starts fine.. i am having one other problem though ...new thred

1 - 10 of 10 Posts