Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
old timer
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a wood steering wheel for a 2007 Stang? Any ideas on where to find one or if it is possible to convert an aftermarket Grant etc. to use an airbag.? I see some nice wood wheels but they all say not airbag compatible. Spad

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Nope and nope.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I'm with the consensus here. I can't imagine anyway an airbag in the middle of a wood wheel will look good. The reason a wood wheel looks so good in that picture above is because it fits the car.

·
old timer
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the looks of one, and I am old school:surprise:. I think if done right it would be nice. The one in Edgethis I like. Thanks for all the replies..Spad

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Get a seat and a 5 pt. harness and just delete the airbag. Then you can run whatever type of steering wheel you want. Our airbags are the deadly claymore shrapnel ones anyways.

·
old timer
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem is the wife drives the car too. You are quite right about the shrapnel device, my dealer tells me he doesn't know when the repair will be in. My Stang is a 6/er bought mainly for nice cruising and good road manners. I do have a 6pt belt car, dare I mention it here...(Porsche). Thanks again for the thoughts...Spad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts