Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this weekend. Its been a long wait. I ordered them thru a local speed shop 3 weeks ago and had a tentative install date of that first Saturday. Friday rolled around and hadn't heard anything so I called and found out ARH had never shipped them but would ship them the following Monday, so rescheduled install for the next Saturday. The next Thursday came and I hadn't heard anything, so I called and found out that again ARH had not shipped them but would get them out the next day. So, again I rescheduled for the following Saturday. Finally got the call last Thursday that they were actually here, so I got them installed this weekend. I didn't have the car dyno'd again, but I plan to sometime soon. I'm interested in seeing what the ARH headers and catted h-pipe gain me in hp and tq. I emailed a request to Brenspeed for new tunes now that I've upgraded the exhaust, but haven't heard anything yet. I can really feel a difference. I haven't been able to really get on it hard yet because it rained all day Saturday and was still wet for most of yesterday. I'm staying with the stock mufflers for now, but will probably swap them out for Magnaflows sometime this summer.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
:pics

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Mike, they're treating me like a king as always. I'm so glad you turned me on to them. Great people there. I just wish they were closer. It was an all day job, so I dropped it off to them about 9:15 Saturday AM and my cousin came and picked me up around 10:30 and took me home. My wife drove me back up that afternoon to pick up the car and after driving home 70 miles in traffic and rain, said she was not doing that again! So I guess any future work by them and I'll have to wait on it, or call a cab:)

2006 my camera is on the fritz, so no pics. As you're probably aware, you can't see much of the exhaust system anyway, being half hidden by the motor and underneath the car, but if you really want pics, I'll see if I can get some to you soon, lol. I'd like to add a video w/sound clip to the Exhaust sticky also, to show what the ARH LT's w/catted H-pipe and stock mufflers sound like. Could have done a quick 30 second clip with my camera if it were working. Damn, something else I've gotta buy instead of spending $ on my little pony. Sounds good, a little louder during acceleration, but actually seems quieter when just cruising at around 70 mph.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Where did you get the ARH LT from and what came with it. Where did you get the header gaskets from?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
usa, I ordered them through my speed shop MPH, in Cartersville, GA. They ordered the LT's and catted h-pipe for me, along with the extra O2 sensor extension. ARH only supplies 3 and mine needed 4. The rest of the stuff, gaskets and whatnot, they already had at the shop, I guess. Don't know if they came with the headers or not.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
this weekend. Its been a long wait. I ordered them thru a local speed shop 3 weeks ago and had a tentative install date of that first Saturday. Friday rolled around and hadn't heard anything so I called and found out ARH had never shipped them but would ship them the following Monday, so rescheduled install for the next Saturday. The next Thursday came and I hadn't heard anything, so I called and found out that again ARH had not shipped them but would get them out the next day. So, again I rescheduled for the following Saturday. Finally got the call last Thursday that they were actually here, so I got them installed this weekend. I didn't have the car dyno'd again, but I plan to sometime soon. I'm interested in seeing what the ARH headers and catted h-pipe gain me in hp and tq. I emailed a request to Brenspeed for new tunes now that I've upgraded the exhaust, but haven't heard anything yet. I can really feel a difference. I haven't been able to really get on it hard yet because it rained all day Saturday and was still wet for most of yesterday. I'm staying with the stock mufflers for now, but will probably swap them out for Magnaflows sometime this summer.
Did they say they had a tune for you for headers? Cuase they didnt give me a tune for mine, and bought the headers from them.

Glad you like them. Hope the numbers live up to your hopes. If i had to guess i would say 10 to 12hp if you cant feel it. thats probably dissapointing but I keep seeing it with LT's. Hopefully you will be one of the guys that gets 28. :)

Scratch that you said you can really feel it, I read it as cant really feel it the first time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
07, see my thread just below. It was all for nothing. But yes, Brenspeed did say they could update the tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts