Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for those of you that saw my 1/4 mile video and noticed that I was only launching on one wheel.......

I found a built '97 8.8 today with 4.10 gears in it and was able to wheel and deal to get it for a very good deal. It was just redone, and has no miles on it. Already has axles, longer wheel studs, girdle, welded tubes, carbon fiber traclock rebuild, etc. I'm going to swap the gears out with my 4.30's and slap it in the car here within the next couple weeks, and go try to beat this 12.74 now that I can launch the car hard. I was thinking about installing the CHE axle brace at the same time as well.

Sorry, just couldn't hold back my excitement, no more one wheel launches and a rearend that may fly apart at any time..:eek:

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not paying someone to do a rear end install. It's like 2 hours work, and that's in the driveway.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
its about damn time

:2cents

as soon as you catch me, ill be gone again

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And then I'll have to set a new goal then, won't I?.............:p

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not quite, more like 3/4"..... But I'm running 15x8's with 275/60's and have more than enough room. I got the 96-98 rear end on purpose, to bring the tires in further.

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Just curious, but how much did you pay?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did some parts and labor trading, and it's costing me a grand total of a new pinion bearing.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest, I'm not playing the unmodified longblock game for too long. Once I hit a 12.4999, I'm sticking cams in this engine. Although it is a lot of fun beating up on Supercharged S197's at the track, and then seeing their heart break when they find out it's a stock engine.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
im only playing it because i cant afford cams yet lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My rear end mods I have listed below are being put on as we speak...I was told gears were touchy and not to mess with them...I can't wait to get it back

The good weather can't come soon enough :cool:

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gears aren't touchy, they're just labor intensive and time consuming, and require a couple special tools. Anyone could do gears with the tutorials available online if they bought the correct tools and took their time to get them right.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Gears aren't touchy, they're just labor intensive and time consuming, and require a couple special tools. Anyone could do gears with the tutorials available online if they bought the correct tools and took their time to get them right.
especially with what his mods are, they have to reset up the gears anyway for the new diff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts