j/k.. nice car and it looks like yall had fun :D

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
let us know on the results!

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
It pulls alot harder and the transgo kit was a damn nice improvent for the tranny. Practicaly replaces every valve and spring in the valve body and makes improvements in the seperator plate and accumulator valves. Plus Sweet2k's porting is always a huge improvement. It will hit the track in a couple weeks with the 4.10's in it, and the Stewart compenents water pump. I am hoping for 12's N/A and 11's on the Spray.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You must have had the camera on the shaker when taking the pictures :D
great to see some port work going on hope you see some gains!:cool:
and the shift kit should help some.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we will be strapping both car to the dyno soon to see what they are putting down on the rollers. we both have our goals, but we will see pretty soon.

here is a pic of the throttle body i ported a few days after he got the car;

and a pic or our cars right before we started work on his car:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I vote RED cause it just looks fast just sitting there! LOL!:D come on sweet prove me wrong!

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I vote RED cause it just looks fast just sitting there! LOL!:D come on sweet prove me wrong!
the last time we raced we were side by side, neither one could pull at all. he only had a mid pipe, c/b, and p&p t/b. when my motor comes all the way up to running temps, his car will pull on me. now we have added quiet a few things to it. i have only added a couple things:(, i think i will loose:sorry

·
Registered
248 Posts
the last time we raced we were side by side, neither one could pull at all. he only had a mid pipe, c/b, and p&p t/b. when my motor comes all the way up to running temps, his car will pull on me. now we have added quiet a few things to it. i have only added a couple things:(, i think i will loose:sorry
BUMMER do I hear the sound of upgrades in the future?:D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
sweet2k how do you do your porting of stuff, especially tb's, without replacing the butterfly

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it is getting one more trip to the track then off to the dyno. after that its on the way home for complete tear down front to back inside out for a fresh bad ass build. i was going to do a big gore, but have decided to change my mind. i have a new plan, but not 100% set in stone yet.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sweet2k how do you do your porting of stuff, especially tb's, without replacing the butterfly
i have the stuff to do the porting correctly. i have spent a lot of time & money to do all of this and still spend money on the equipment that wears (stones, wheels, cartridges, etc). as for the t/b's, i do everything pre butterfly. most stock t/b's need work done there the most, ford is no exception. ford t/b's are good post butterfly and dont require any work. the gm ls throttle bodies benfit from a little work post butterfly, but that is the only one i have ran across that needs anything after the butterfly. the opening itself is left alone, just work gets done to get thru it more efficiently. me and doc have tossed around the idea of boring the opening and making new butterfly's, but not sure if i want to start experimenting with that yet.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Congrats to you guys, hope ya'lls cars run good at the track. keep us updated.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
we will be running on both motor and bottle. we are going to go and swap our tanks out next week so we can fill our bottles. we are going to tune his car for the bottle, and i have to get my parts here and get car put back together.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
nice, two things though... who the hell took pics 1 & 3?!:mad: I feel like I'm drunk and high when I look at those.:booze:pimpAlso, whos ugly toes are those in 2?:puke That is all:D

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nice, one thing though... who the hell took pics 1 & 3?!:mad: I feel like I'm drunk and high when I look at those.:booze:pimpThat is all:D

:lmao those are going to be doc. i dont think he is use to his new camera yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts