Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got some stuff done today, going slow but if it warms up some more itll be going alot quicker, any body have .02 to throw will be apreciated

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
I love how all these pictures are taken over beautiful hardwood floors

I hope ur not doing work in there.......:lol

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
looking good, bro...

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you building your motor in your living room?

.......yep, well im putting it togather in the living room, i stored all the **** in the basment, but its army housing and there tearing these houses down in 6months to build new ones, and its cold as balls in kansas and i have no garage... so yea living room, plus i can keep **** alot cleaner:eek:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finnaly got the heads on and jesus... that six step tourqe down was a bitch... ill be buttoning up 2mar... but i got to go worky.. catch u guys later

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
ok so your building it in your house and not on an engine stand...how exactly do you plan on getting it into the garage? Gonna be kinda odd seeing someone pulling a cherry picker outta the living room!

Oh wait your in base housing, nevermind lol

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So whats the stats on the motor? Short block i can see... who makes it? who makes the heads?
stock, i just took it apart piece by piece and cleaned it so it looks all new and after market

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok so your building it in your house and not on an engine stand...how exactly do you plan on getting it into the garage? Gonna be kinda odd seeing someone pulling a cherry picker outta the living room!

Oh wait your in base housing, nevermind lol

it on an engine stand, just in the living room

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
in ur living room, reminds me of countless movies where theres a big block 350 just layin on the kitchen table... like in war of the worlds lol, i kno theres other movies but i forget em

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
it on an engine stand, just in the living room

ehh...i'm really blind maybe i should go to an eye doctor! Well fine, put it on a cherry picker and take it out that way!

engine build is looking good. You probably already know this, but do yourself a favor and mount it to the tranny and mount your exhaust manifolds (if you have headers, nevermind) to the engine before sliding it back in...it will make life 10 times easier. I fought with lining it up to the tranny for a good 4 hours...stupid dust plate kept getting in the way.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ehh...i'm really blind maybe i should go to an eye doctor! Well fine, put it on a cherry picker and take it out that way!

engine build is looking good. You probably already know this, but do yourself a favor and mount it to the tranny and mount your exhaust manifolds (if you have headers, nevermind) to the engine before sliding it back in...it will make life 10 times easier. I fought with lining it up to the tranny for a good 4 hours...stupid dust plate kept getting in the way.
yea thats the plan, i figured lining the tranny up would be a bitch so im putting as much **** on as i can before i put it in... oh and ill post pic of me pulling it out of the house... should be good

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
hell ya man i did a tranny swap on my in my driveway on jackstands, and that sucked ass lol

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
in ur living room, reminds me of countless movies where theres a big block 350 just layin on the kitchen table... like in war of the worlds lol, i kno theres other movies but i forget em
:confused::dunno

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
.......yep, well im putting it togather in the living room, i stored all the **** in the basment, but its army housing and there tearing these houses down in 6months to build new ones, and its cold as balls in kansas and i have no garage... so yea living room, plus i can keep **** alot cleaner:eek:
****em then

1 - 20 of 23 Posts