Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sweet! That's the blower I want. Where'd you find your kit?

OT: I see you're a MS Dawg fan. Sorry about that. :) RTR

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got this kit from JDM Engineering. Its a tuner kit that comes with the 7-9psi pulley, CAI upgrade, bigger injectors, and a GT500 fuel pump.

·
Registered
503 Posts
looking at what, 460ish to the wheels?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Awesome!! Definitley my blower of choice. We actually just got these in at the shop and are available from us as well.

It's definitley the cleanest looking one out there next to the saleen.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dunno. Big question there is I have longtube headers. LT headers lower boost by 1-1.5 psi. Not a bad thing. It means instead of running 7-9psi I'll be running 6-8psi. But I'll have more power than somebody else at 6-8psi without headers.

I'm hoping for 450 or less actually. Want to stay conservative (they talked me in to the pulley upgrade from 5psi LOL) and asked JDM repeatedly to make this tune real conservative.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome!! Definitley my blower of choice. We actually just got these in at the shop and are available from us as well.

It's definitley the cleanest looking one out there next to the saleen.

I am glad to hear you guys picked this up. What I'd give to be close to a good shop like your's...

I think this blower is going to become real popular. I am a huge believer not because I bought it - I bought it because I'm a believer. It has the longest runners in the industry which creates a ton of low end and mid rang power.

A lot of people only look at the peak power number. But low & mid power is that makes a daily driver a lot of fun. I've seen this blower at 5 psi make as much low and mid range power as a whipple at 10 psi. Freakin awesome.

·
Registered
103 Posts
thats exactly right, my main goal is more E.T. and fun then just a top end number but either way the e-force is going to deliver for you. You can definitley run some serious boost. which injectors are you using?

·
Registered
503 Posts
A lot of people only look at the peak power number. But low & mid power is that makes a daily driver a lot of fun. I've seen this blower at 5 psi make as much low and mid range power as a whipple at 10 psi. Freakin awesome.
:yes

this is why I like the E-force.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 60lb injectors. Its what their kit came with. I had some discussion about downgrading them. But I'm all about spending extra on engine safety overkill. I want there to be 0% chance this car will run lean.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
that i would like to see. :popcorn

when you get it dyno'd then we'll see.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
and i'd like to see the dyno charts of those Eforce SC at 5 psi that make as much low and mid range power of a 10 psi whipple. :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
5psi - this dyno was using a sniffer which reads leaner than it actually is, BTW

Not 5psi, but...

And a whipple HO done by the same tuner, same dyno, same type car (07 GT Auto, all else stock) as the Tillman E-Force chart above

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
that first one is 422/394 and its not 5 psi, it is 8.6.

heres a whipple at 10 psi

so as everyone can see the 5 psi Eforce, which is not 5 psi, is nothing like the 10 psi whipple at all. and the whipple was shut down at 6k rpms.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
that first one is 422/394 and its not 5 psi, it is 8.6.

heres a whipple at 10 psi

so as everyone can see the 5 psi Eforce, which is not 5 psi, is nothing like the 10 psi whipple at all. and the whipple was shut down at 6k rpms.
Once again, we're talking about low and mid range (low and mid band rpm) power here when the E-force was at 5psi (cycling 5-7psi actually) and made as much or more power than the whipple. Have a look at 3000 rpm and 4000 rpm and get back to me. I'm not in a pissing match over the peak number. I made no claims about the peak number.

And the whipple chart you posted is not typical. Most 10psi whipple are not running anywhere near 522rwhp. That's ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
you are right, the one i posted is not the typical whipple, it is with 24° of timing i think. but it is attainable.
there is another whipple 10 psi at the same local tuner i use getting 515 rwhp, idk the timing tho.

heres mine at 9 psi, emailed baseline tune. the tuner asked if i wanted more out of it and he could send me more aggressive timing, but 462/432 is all i'm willing to put on my stock block. and at 3k to 4k rpms i'm still making more power than that 8.6 psi Eforce.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
My Whipple at 10psi lays down over 400 lbs of torque at 2500 rpms SAE corrected on a Dynojet. I thought the E-Force overstated numbers were a thing of the past. I guess I was wrong. Reminds me of the big claims from Techco. At 10 lbs makes about the same as a Whipple. In all fairness I do think the E-Force is a great deal. About the best out there since Ford insisted Whipple raise the price around a grand. Ford wasn't making enough money on each kit and dictated the change in price for all venders.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts