Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got everything done except belthousing bolts. Dont have any "longer" extensions. Going to finish getting it out in the morning. Its was not that bad. Tomorrow i will finish pulling it and then start disassembling. Farrah came out into the garage and was like :eek:

Am i going to be able to pull the motor without taking the long tubes off? I think so. Will i need to pull the fan/radiator. Looks like there will be enough room.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i dont know man, you might not have to pull them but then again i cant see to tell you. but there should be enough room so im thinking so.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
drop down the k and trans together, unbolt the headers, unbolt trans, and lift strait out the top. there is plenty of room. just be sure to watch out for ac compressor.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i took the a/c compressor off already. Long tubes was blocking the 10mm bolt so i just took the bolts out and got it down to where i could get a socket/ratchet on there. A swivel socket would have got it but didnt feel like driving to my dads shop to get that ****.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think ima give it hell and just try to take the motor out without fooling with the long tubes.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
get your intake manifold off
unhook hoses from the rack & pinion that go to the p/s resivoir
pull sway bar
pull wheels, brakes, abs sensors
pull steering shaft
put jack under trans
unbolt cc plates or unbolt struts from spindles
hook up hoist to motor
lower it all down
take off headers, trans, and remove motor mount bolts.

take 4 x-member bolts out
unbolt the k-member (6 bolts)

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
I would unbolt everything then lift the car up and over while letting the motor sit on a jack. :confused:

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
get your intake manifold off
unhook hoses from the rack & pinion that go to the p/s resivoir
pull sway bar
pull wheels, brakes, abs sensors
pull steering shaft
put jack under trans
unbolt cc plates or unbolt struts from spindles
hook up hoist to motor
lower it all down
take off headers, trans, and remove motor mount bolts.

take 4 x-member bolts
unbolt the k-member (6 bolts)
F*ck That! brakes and everything else? :no
Why do you say do all of that? It looks like it should come out just fine even with the long tubes. Might have to take off fan/radiator but it should come out. Doesnt look to bad.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what will keep it from coming out with the headers? There appears to be plenty room

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
not that bad at all. it only takes a few minutes to take off brakes. only takes about 30 minutes to do it all, and you have full access to header bolts, all trans bolts, etc. nothing in the way, you can see everything, get tools and hands in and out of places without getting smashed or cut, etc.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well guy that is coming over tomorrow with more tools has changed my clutch/TOB 3 times before so that bellhousing bolts must not be too bad. If nothing else, ill just lift the motor around in the bay to get to the header bolts. Thats how i got them on in the first place. Was actually quite simple by just moving the engine around in the bay.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought my MMR forged rotating assembly and a D1sc. Ready to get out of the 400's and step into the 500's. :D Motor runs fine at 150,000+ but its just that time :yes

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah... me and a guy that works for my dad at the body shop. He doesnt really do body work though. My dad hired a mechanic to work for him due to all his customers wanting their car to be worked on at only my dads shop even if it was nothing to do with body work.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
If you remove the intake the top two tranny bolts are easy to get to. When I`had longtubes I would remove the drivers side and pull it with the passenger side still on.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah he takes care of his customers very well! Only bad thing about doing mechanic work at a body shop is that they dont go together! oil, grease, gas, etc. does not really "help" a nearby paint job or what not. LOL. Chuck (mechanic) always ends up working in the side building by himself. Our painters will throw a fit if he comes in the big building all greasy and ****. LOL. But he is a good hand and can do whatever.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.