Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally replacing my intake manifold tonight. I miss driving my baby so bad, I am having relapses. But back on topic, how long do you guys think it will take? Are there any tips and tricks to make this quick and painless?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I like to hear lol I get nervous doing stuff like this for the first time. I usually get mustanglouver, or another friend help out, when i say help out, I mean i let them take over and grab the tools they need :lol but this time I'll be doing it alone :bash:

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Alone, with all of the proper tools should be less than two hours........

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Awesome goodluck have fun!

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The heater hose has the plastic piece from the manifold stuck inside of it. Is a stealership the only place to buy one of those? I tried for about 30 minutes to get it out, but the plastic just kept breaking off :bash:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Around 2 hours depending on how fast you work. The gaskets should have little alignment pins to hold them in place while you get the intake in place. When I did mine, I think it only took 2 or 3 different sockets and a open end wrench for the coolant temperature sensor. I'm pretty sure I had to use the little plastic tool remove the fuel line though. Make sure you have one of those. Here's a pic of it, I don't know the actual name for it...

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
The heater hose has the plastic piece from the manifold stuck inside of it. Is a stealership the only place to buy one of those? I tried for about 30 minutes to get it out, but the plastic just kept breaking off :bash:

Keep working at it and it'll come out. By the way.... there is a plastic sleeve inside the larger of the two heater hoses to help maintain it's shape. Make sure you're not trying to get that one out, kinda sounds like you may be.

Reactions: FORDY9ER

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep working at it and it'll come out. By the way.... there is a plastic sleeve inside the larger of the two heater hoses to help maintain it's shape. Make sure you're not trying to get that one out, kinda sounds like you may be.
Now I am just nervous lol. How would I know what plastic piece to keep in there?

Search my threads. I made a how to write up
Alright man. I'll try. My phone doesn't always let me search

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
make sure you get the tool for those stupid ass clamps, its lik $3 at cap or advanced auto, whatever time you think its going to take give yourself double just in case, when we took the engine out we took it apart piece by piece so we could learn from it, when taking the manifold off I could get the clamp for the fuel line to come apart, so I used a utility knife and cut it because we were pissed, obviously you cant do that, but it may be a bitch just keep that in mind

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't even notice a clamp on the fuel line. Glad you said something lol I'll go by advance and pick that up, thanks man!

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, well I have an extra set that I painted. It came with the manifold when I bought it lol

I couldn't find the thread. Is there more than one page? If so I can't assess the second page of threads you started :(

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
You dot have to remove the fuel rails. Unbolt egr crap, unbolt fuel rails and pull them up, I generally put them between the hood and wiper cowl, undo intake piping, unclamp heater hoses, unbolt thermostat housing, unbolt intake and you are pretty much done. I can pull an intake in about 15-20 min. Not much to it. Just be sure when you go back together to tighten intake bolts down from the middle and work your way out. And be careful putting the fuel rails back on.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally found that write up lol

All the pictures are taken off though :( and you needed a new alternator bracket with the aluminum crossover?

1 - 20 of 132 Posts