Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I was playing a little bit at work last night, and I noticed when I loaded up the suspension for a luanch, (and the1st to 2nd gear change) there was a noise from the rear suspension. Im fairly certain its a worn bushing, just not real sure weather its in the control arms or the panhard bar. Im going to have to get the car in the air and get the weight off the chassis to look. I was planning to do some upgrades to the suspension anyway, it just jumped ahead of some other things i had planned. Thanks guys.:eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If it helps it never does this during normal driving/spirited cornering. Just when i take off hard in first then again in going into 2nd. the noise is linked to the stress on the chasis.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Do you have a pan hard bar? That is not a stock piece. I would look at your bushings first, then maybe your u joints.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
U-joints are new. Guess its time for upper/lower control arms :(

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Maximum Motorsports makes some great ones. I would definately recommend them. I have also used UMI performance arms with great results and no problems, they are a great value for the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts