Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a manual V6 with a K&N air charger setup and was thinking about getting a tuner but with gas prices where they are right now and being a college student I don't think I can pay for the 93 octane. So more than likely will just use the 87 tune possibly the 89 but lets just say I want to use the 87 tune with my setup is it worth it to get a tuner?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I didn't mean to post it in the general but didn't realize until after I did it I wish I could delete it or move it over there

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
A tune is worth getting. Not only will it give you a bit of power (10-15 rwhp on the 6), it will also improve your mpg a little bit during normal driving.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why wouldn't you get it zack? Unzippee let me make sure you read it right but you would get the tuner even if only use 87 tune?

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
why wouldn't you get it zack? Unzippee let me make sure you read it right but you would get the tuner even if only use 87 tune?
Yes I would, although I would get an 89 or 91 tune myself. It's worth an extra couple of bucks to fill up. Of course, it's easy for me to spend other people's money. lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea see thats the thing I may use a 89 tune but don't know if there is that much of a difference between the 87 and 89 tell me if there is though. I could deal with the extra 1.50 at the pump but 3.00 not so sure about that especially with as many miles as I drive

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I'm not familiar with what the difference will be on the 6 between the 87 or 89 tune. Best bet is to call a vendor and ask them what they think. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts