Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
.//Animosity
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know I've asked a ton of questions about supercharging, and bounced back, and forth between a Kenne Bell now, and a Vortech, and now people are telling me to go with a P1SC procharger.​

Anyways to the point, the factors, and all the other things.
I bought the car for 2k. Nothing really wrong with the car except had a dent in the fender/passenger door.

I know body work no biggy on that.
Car needed a new fuel pump. No biggy again.
Other things here, and their, and gears.
Tuner etc.

I'm at about 4k for the car that I spent total all around.
It's bone stock except the supporting Mods.

CAI, 4.10 Gears, Bama tune, X-Pipe, Borla Stingers.
k. Now with that all out of the way.

I know it's completely bone stock internally motor wise.
So in other words. At about the 2-3k for the Vortech or Procharger or the Kenne Bell 5k+ etc.

Is it really worth to supercharge the car? It's my summer car, and not my daily driver. Is it better off saving the money I have to buy all this now after tax season, sell the car, and buy a Cobra or what? I really don't plan on forging the internals at all but the sweet sound, and horse power of a Supercharger unit would be bliss.

Financially ater all done and said all around. I would have less then 10k into the car total.
So with all this going on. I need help from the outside world.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Depends on how much you like your car. I have seen plenty supercharged past 100k...

If your car is running mechanically good, then why not? Other the other hand a cobra is great. HOwever, you will pay for it to.

Really the decision is in your hands, termi has more potential with less cash. WHile you can still build a 2v to become one..

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I don't know if it is worth it to you or not. Do you enjoy the thrill of acceleration? You you like having a really fast car? If your answers are yes, then its worth it. I've been running supercharged for 90,000 miles. The car now has 170,000 miles on it and its still going strong.

Hey, where are you from? If your car is a southwestern rust free car, I'll pay you 2K for it. Then you will be able to get your Cobra sooner. (P.S. Repairs don't count.)

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Yes it's worth it!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Id say its worth it. Especially for what you have into it now. Kenne bells are hard to come by in the classifieds. But you could easily snag a vortec or procharger for well under $2500 after getting it tuned.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I don't know if it is worth it to you or not. Do you enjoy the thrill of acceleration? You you like having a really fast car? If your answers are yes, then its worth it. I've been running supercharged for 90,000 miles. The car now has 170,000 miles on it and its still going strong.

Hey, where are you from? If your car is a southwestern rust free car, I'll pay you 2K for it. Then you will be able to get your Cobra sooner. (P.S. Repairs don't count.)
YOUR CAR GIVES ME HOPE!!! that is all

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Yes it is definetly worth it! Dont spend the money on a kenne bell unless you find one used. Just go with a vortech or procharger for now to save money. Down the road if you decide you want a kenne bell after a few years then you could always save and get one.

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
all the cool kids use turbo's on v8's now

but honestly if you have the cash in hand to sell your car, AND there is a cobra for sale in your area or that you are willing to travel to get.... i'd get the cobra

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yes its worth it but just be prepared to spend some dough lol. You will want to mod and mod that sucker. Ask me how I know. I want to spend 6-7k on it right now but wonder if its worth it. Money pit.
And a turbo isn't a bad idea. Saw a real cheap build in a mag for around 2500. Put down 400 hp to the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Why spend 5K on Kenne Bell Kit when you can only push the car to aournd 400-450RWHP anyhow? A vortech or Procharger will definately get you there. The Vortech kit is around 3000$ and the intercooler setup will cost you around 700$. You also will be needing a tune and chip or tuner. Is it worth it Yes very much so there is so much of a difference between 250 and 400 its like owning a whole new car.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
How many miles on the car? Its really up to you if you want a supechargd 2v making 400hp for $8k or a cobra making 400hp for $16-18k. You do not need to forge the 2v motor if adding a supercharger. You will be fine up to 400rwhp. You can find used Vortech's for $2000-$2500.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
I don't know if it is worth it to you or not. Do you enjoy the thrill of acceleration? You you like having a really fast car? If your answers are yes, then its worth it.
some good points to think about. what are your overall goals/plans for it?? if you want a good driver with decent power, you cant got wrong with a 99/01 cobra. i actually had the pleasure to cruise around in an 01 last monday and they are indeed awesome drivers with the 4v, upgraded interior and the IRS. almost like you werent in a mustang at all. (no squeaks/rattles/super nice ride for a sports car) if you are more concerned with going to the track and throwing down great numbers, (400hp minimum) then go for the supecharger! if i were to do it all over again, i would have supercharged my 2v and go ahold of some cobra seats for it and called it a day...with that aside though, i ultimately decided to sell the 2v (well, 4v swapped GT) and i am on the hunt (well, closing the deal really) on a Mach 1. i plan to do full bolt-on's, 4.10's, with 98 cobra intake cams and beat up on alot of unsuspecting victims.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
you could supercharge the GT and throw a forged shortblock in it for less than a cobra, and be faster too.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I'd say turbo it, cheaper, more/same power, I'd like a cobra too but this is what I got now and I figured if it's here and I want to do something just do it, cobra would be Sick but if that's your plan I'd say **** a termi and get a mach, cheaper no IRS and your already planning on boosting it so why pay so much more for a blowner yougoing to replace any way, as well as the IRS, my .02

1 - 20 of 27 Posts