1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
When do you plan on trading it in?

Either way, I wouldn't spend a dime on modding the V6.
When you get that GT and hear the sound/feel the acceleration, you'll be thankful you have all the money you didn't spend on the V6 to mod the GT.

The first mod for any performance car owner should be a tuner. From there, go with gears or an exhaust with upgraded suspension. Start planning now. Buying parts for a GT is like a drug.

BTW, my GT is up for sale...if you haven't already picked one out ;)

·
V6inator
126 Posts
no car is worth it. but it can be fun if your a DIY person. thats what mods is all about. as far as the car, you just need to decide what you are going to do with the car (dd it or just a toy) you can sink a bunch of money into anything, and have alot of fun but just remember you will loose your ass on it in the end.

my v6 is my dd which consists of driving to work and back every day, doing all my running around ect. i did not want a v8 and higher costs to do that with. ive had fun modding it and it runs and handles real good.

if i could afford a toy to build for the drag strip, and or just sunday driving i would want the gt for sure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I plan on selling mine and picking up a 2011+ GT or maybe a new GT500 if business continues to grow as planned.

I dumped a huge chunk into mods and really feel like meh at this point on them since I see a trade in my future. I can always pull the CAI and resell it and keep the tuner or sell that. But exhaust, tlok, wheels, tires, etc are all a part of the car now and actually hurt the resell. If you plant to trade do not change anything you can't change back. Most of my biggest clients are auto dealers and they like the vehicle as factory as possible to be honest.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Either way, I wouldn't spend a dime on modding the V6.
When you get that GT and hear the sound/feel the acceleration, you'll be thankful you have all the money you didn't spend on the V6 to mod the GT.
Spoken like a true sixer hater!

Me...I like to see the looks on the faces of GT owners when I beat them at the track! Priceless! Drag strip, Open track, autocross...You name it. Unless they have also dropped some coin on the GT I will beat them every time.

At the OP:
If you have GT envy then save your money for the GT. Simple as that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts