Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey again all. I finally got some of my electrical woes figured out so i was wondering with my current mods if i should even bother setting up a programmable chip and a tune or should i just hold off? As it goes now i have:

Trickflow trak heat upper and lower intakes
75 mm trickflow throttle body and egr spacer
BBK cold air fender intake
Cat back Magnaflow exhaust
March Power and AMP series Power pulleys
MSD plug and play efi distributor and Street fire Coil
4.10 rear gear with cobra clutch packs

I'm just curious if i should even bother getting a tune or a chip installed in the computer for anymore power or to help it run any better? If so i'd also like to know if anyone in the chicagoland area knows of a shop that will actually put a tune on a chip for these older cars. Obviously if it was an obd II i would be able to just buy a tuner for it but this is not the case. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated or if i should just hold of that would be nice to know too. Took it to the trak this weekend with the new intake setup on it and actually felt like a lost a little something and was running maybe .3 ish slower than usual. Just curious if a chip might remedy of some of this or if thats normal without a complete exhaust. Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
^^ Yep. With stock heads and a stock cam, there's really no need for a tune. Yea you can do one, and if the tuner knows what he's doing he can squeeze some power out of what you've got, but it won't be anywhere worth the money you pay for the tune. Spend that money on a set of heads instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts