Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i bought a 75mm throttlebody and i need a 80mm maf and i found one for 100 dollars it says 1987-1995 5.0 cobra just curious if it would work with my car? i have a 1993 mustang 5.0 LX

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
alright so i bought a 75mm throttlebody and i need a 80mm maf and i found one for 100 dollars it says 1987-1995 5.0 cobra just curious if it would work with my car? i have a 1993 mustang 5.0 LX
If it's from a 5.0 cobra then it isn't 80mm. It would be a 70mm...

An 80mm cobra MAF is from an 03-04 Mustang. You'd need an adapter harness and a filter adapter along with a dyno tune to use it.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
NO, use a 70mm cobra maf it is plug and play, no tune needed not different plug and works with your intake piping

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Also I believe cobra mafs are 24 lb calibrated

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Stock mass air flow sensors are not calibrated to an injector size the calibration is in the cars computer. After market maffs can be calibrated to an injector size.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Stock mass air flow sensors are not calibrated to an injector size the calibration is in the cars computer. After market maffs can be calibrated to an injector size.
yep

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
85 GT convertible
660 Posts
Juicedfisher, you tend to ask beginner questions. When you do I get new information and we all get reminded of the simple tech things. It also shows you want to learn fast. Keep it up and you will have a fast car that runs correctly. Then someday I will catch up to you lol. Keep up the good work. Seriously I learn a lot from from your questions and everyone's answers. Thanks.

Jerry

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Juicedfisher, you tend to ask beginner questions. When you do I get new information and we all get reminded of the simple tech things. It also shows you want to learn fast. Keep it up and you will have a fast car that runs correctly. Then someday I will catch up to you lol. Keep up the good work. Seriously I learn a lot from from your questions and everyone's answers. Thanks.

Jerry
im just new to the mustang scene and im very interested and im still learning what makes em go haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts