Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got knock on my dyno tuned car (especially when I dont use waterwetter). It's got an even 12.0 A/F ratio so I think i need to cut a little timing. The thing is, between the exhaust, supercharger whine, clicking injectors and every other crazy sound that mustangs make while your driving, I'm not always sure I'm recognizing the knock. I think it's subtle but always there when accellerating.
Here are the products i'm looking at:
http://www.jandssafeguard.com/
http://www.msdignition.com/tool_8.htm
Does anyone know where I could install the sensor? I don't want to mess up my engine.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I think you should worry about ensuring you have a safe tune and not a knock sensor. An a/f of 12 is only "safe" if your not running much timing. How much timing do you have in the car, and how much boost? I was running a 12 flat a/f but I was only pushing 8 psi of boost and 16* timing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure exactly. I think it's just stock. I have a tune with +3 global but I don't use it unless I'm iced down at the track. I'm concerned that I've got trouble with heat. I plan to change the thermostat to 180 or 160 soon. I'm at around 10-12 psi I guess. If you want a more accurate number, I can try to check it out at different RPMs. I think that getting gears, which would help my car not be a pig down low, might help me from shooting in too much air. At WOT it feels like a slug that needs to get it's momentum going down low. That's with a twin screw no less (so much for "instant boost")

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
You should be running a 180* at least with a twin screw, 160 would be ok so long as the car was tuned for it. Yea gears would help with the low rpm chugging and potential for detonation.

I should recommend www.modularpowerhouse.com (go to the forums) and ask your blower specific questions over there. Lots of guys there and blowers are pretty much all they do. As much as I'd like MM to be your one stop place for Mustang info, as we're still new we don't have a diversified group of folks yet.

Stick around, but check out MPH for what your looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts