Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Photo: 1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

Lookin at buying this Cobra, what do you guys think? I posted this in the 99-04 section, but not many are chiming in. I would be selling my 96 that you see in the sig.:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
58K for the miles...Carfax looks clean too.
Mods that I know of are what you can see in the photos (I haven't actually gone to see the car yet. It's an hour away and they aren't open on Sundays!) I'll be trying to go tomorrow to see/drive it and probably bring it home:D.

Anything specific I need to focus my attention on when looking/driving, other than the obvious, of course!?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Looks like a decent deal. It has prolly been raced because it has a shift light. Just feel it out.

·
Registered
599 Posts
that is the first 99 i have seen that says cobra on the bumper, i thought they didnt start that back up till 01?? theere is a 99 in town here and it says mustang on the bumper

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Nice looking car, check for overspray, or tape lines, it may have been smashed it sounds pretty cheap. Just cause the carfax came up clean, that only means that the owner didn't make an insurance claim. Goodluck I hope it works out ti your advantage.

·
Registered
189 Posts
on behalf of every new car prep who's ever prepped a car, trust me red, ur GT was raced :D
+1. They will run fast cars hard during the PDI's. My mechanic friend told me a story about a young mechanic who took a girl who worked at the dealership on a PDI and slammed the new mustang into a street lamp trying to show off. Jack ass....:no.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I pick it up Saturday. Has a load of stuff on it! T-56, spec stage 3, straight axle swap with 3.73s, headers with X to dumps after the mufflers, JLT intake. Was dyno'd at 325 RWHP! Interior is spotless almost! Has a small exhaust leak at the passenger side header gasket though. Will post more pix when I get it home! They gave me 4K for trade on my GT!!!! After all that is done will be borrowing about $8700!

Thanks for the help fellas!

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Nice now change your sig. I command you!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts