Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
You're going to need something more like this. Unless of course you're going to make your own intake that uses the tube from the kit that you specified, but that would take a lot of fabricating work.

-Indybird

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
looks just like the mach ram air system, you would have to cut a hole in your hood for the scoop to come out of. they make a full kit for the v6 its like 700 for everything

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're going to need something more like this. Unless of course you're going to make your own intake that uses the tube from the kit that you specified, but that would take a lot of fabricating work.

-Indybird
Yea I am going to fabricate it cutting the holes and everything It'll b a sunday project once i have the money

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yea I am going to fabricate it cutting the holes and everything It'll b a sunday project once i have the money
I'm not an expert, but I don't see why you couldn't do that. I was thinking about doing something similar to my GT hood, but I don't really have the money or the proper fabricating tools and materials. Just one thing you gotta remember, you'll need somewhere for water to drain from the scoop during rain to prevent water from getting into the filter or getting all over the engine.

-Indybird

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
No that kit does not. That is just so you get a new filter, and it looks like the tube that connects the filter in the fenderwell to the tb. That kit is not the ram air kit on the top. For the ram air you are talking about you will either need to get the above mentioned kit, or make your own. I have been working out a way to fabricate my own, but I do not have the plans fully developed yet. So if you are looking for the ram air like the mach 1 do not get the jlt kit that is just allowing them to basically put a cai in and still have their shaker hood functional.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts