Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IN THE MARKET FOR A T/B AND PLENUM. PLANNING ON BUYING THE C&L PLENUM AND BBK T/B COMBO FROM RPMPOUTLET.COM ($280)...

HI-FLOW Intake Package for your 1996-2004 V-8 Mustang

BUT WOULD ANY OF YOU BUY THIS...

eBay Motors: Professional Products 75 mm Trottle Body & Plenum (item 300197707708 end time Feb-14-08 11:53:09 PST)

I'VE HEARD THAT PRO. PRODUCTS T/B HAVE PROBLEMS STICKING OPEN/CLOSED. BUT IF IT'S ALREADY BEEN ON A STANG..WOULD THAT PROVE THAT WRONG?! I GUESS HE COULD ALWAYS TELL ME IT'S FINE AND HE'S SELLING IT BECAUSE HE SOLD HIS STANG, BUT IN REALITY HE MIGHT HAVE JUST TAKEN IT OFF BECAUSE IT WAS STICKING. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?!

·
Registered
922 Posts
man up and buy new.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I sincerely wish you luck if you buy anything from RPMoutlet. Go to their policy page on their website and carefully read it. Sometimes they ship the correct part and sometimes they don't. They have no problems with substitutions or partial orders.

Unless they've changed their policies, all returns must be received in 14 days from invoice date. You must have a return authorization. Don't bother to call, you have to use the website to get the return authorization. The return authorization says that they will not give you your money back, but give you credit on your next purchase even if they shipped you a substitute part. You must follow the return policy to the letter include putting the paperwork on the outside of the package or else they will refuse delivery. If you order a part that is out of stock and you cancel the order there is a 15% order cancellation fee. And it goes on and on.

There are a lot of members of this forum that have been burnt by RPMoutlet including myself.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
i bought a used Prof. Products TB and Plenum for $120 and it hasn't given me any problems whatsoever. it never sticks even the slightest bit. and it sounds cool when you step on the gas you can hear the air whooshing into the intake.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's what i thought...but i heard a lot of great things about them too. ppl making orders of hundreds of $$ of stuff, coming through fine! guess it's kinda hit-or-miss

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
i got screwed with rpm outlet. I would advise against buying with them even though they have good prices.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I sincerely wish you luck if you buy anything from RPMoutlet. Go to their policy page on their website and carefully read it. Sometimes they ship the correct part and sometimes they don't. They have no problems with substitutions or partial orders.

Unless they've changed their policies, all returns must be received in 14 days from invoice date. You must have a return authorization. Don't bother to call, you have to use the website to get the return authorization. The return authorization says that they will not give you your money back, but give you credit on your next purchase even if they shipped you a substitute part. You must follow the return policy to the letter include putting the paperwork on the outside of the package or else they will refuse delivery. If you order a part that is out of stock and you cancel the order there is a 15% order cancellation fee. And it goes on and on.

There are a lot of members of this forum that have been burnt by RPMoutlet including myself.
Damn, if they are really going to conduct business like that forget them. Sooner or later they won't have any business at all.:mad:

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
No i would just get the Accufab..looks nice n perrtie too.
i'd rather get an intake AND a tb/plenum than just the tb and plenum. thats just me.. i think accufab is overpriced.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I bought the BBK 70mm TB and plenum, it was a nice improvement, no "20+ horsepower," but it was noticeable enough. From what I've researched, because of the 2v intake, the plenum is going to get only so much in power gains- no matter what the brand. I stick by BBK, just for the quality and value.

+1 on RPM Outlet ripping people off. F**k that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts