Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got SICK of my overspray from doing my tail lights, it was noticeable on my car because its silver, and I hated it so much that I wanted to either go get a $5000 paint job, or take paint thinner to my car. So I took the risk of goof off not taking my cars paint or clear coat off and it didn't and it got rid of the overspray completley!!! I am so happy :) Pics below before and after....

Before:

After: :)

And remember that black spot???

All I did was take a microfiber cloth put some goof off on it and started rubbing, then hit it with a different microfiber and a lot of water so it wasnt just chillin on my paint.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
nice, clay bars also work nice for taking overspray off. I worked at a body shop for a year and a half, and had to take overspray off many cars, so i know a few tricks.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
PAINT THINER!? Haha you're insane man. I just use some rubbing compound and a rag to clean up overspray :lol Looks good though, that really took it off nicely.

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it off immediatley, I didn't have to put like any pressure on the rag. Of course I tested the stuff on an inconspicuous area of my car to make sure it wouldnt damage the paint first.

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its only paint thinner for latex paint... And as far as I know automotive paint isnt latex. Plus it worked...

·
Registered
345 Posts
yeah, goo off is only acetone, you can get a big can of acetone for 7 bucks, It'll clean anything and is indispensable when welding or fiberglassing

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
He couldn't get them off. Some sort of clips were holding them on and he couldn't for the life of him get them off. My tail lights didn't have the clips so I don't know how they work :dunno

1 - 12 of 12 Posts