Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow. seafoam really helped my car:) it is soooo smooth. thanks for all the threads on doing it. it helped a ton:):) my car runs soo much better:)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
did u jsut poor the whole thing in the gas tank or did u do the 1/3 in the oil, 1/3 in the vaccum line, 1/3 in the gas. ?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i did 1/3 in the tank. and i will eventually do the oil and vacuum line but i just changed the oil soo im gonna wait till near time to change the oil again to do it so i don't waste oil.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, i may run a lil more in it cause i had a full tank but i can def tell a dif in it already:). um not sure i just did it today? but it seemed like it was much better from what i could tell:)

·
Registered
587 Posts
indeed, it's an extremely good product. wait till you put it in the intake. it puts out smoke and it makes it idle a LOT better. It's fun

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
yes and use the pcv line instead of the brake booster the pcv feeds all cylinders the brake booster feeds only 2 cylinders or was it 1?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i wasn't quite sure bout the brake booster or intake thing so i didn't do it. can someone explain how to do it?

·
Registered
587 Posts
(may be a two person job) grab a funnel, take the intake tube off, rev the engine a little so it doesn't die, SLOWLY pour seafoam into throttle body, replace intake IMMEDIATELY. will make a terrible sound but it works a lot. (for intake btw)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh ok sweet:):) uhmm probably a noob question but witch is the intake tube?

·
Registered
587 Posts
the tube leading to the air filter. It has a clamp up at the trottle body holding it on...forgot to mention to take the clamp off and then get the intake out of the way

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh ok so you put it right into the throttle body? like take the cai off and poor it into the throttle body?

·
Registered
587 Posts
lol, as crazy as it may sound, that's what i did and many of my friends have done and it works...there's a noticeable difference in the idle and everything.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
awesome. im glad you told me cause i woulda never done that:) awesome:):)

·
Registered
587 Posts
haha, don't be alarmed when smoke starts coming out the exhaust...that's normal. I have a friend that put some in his 1993 nissan hardbody pickup and it was pretty much a smoke screen for half an hour. it was crazy

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i seen that on the instructional vid. and i thought it was from putting it in the fuel. but when my didn't smoke i thought i did it wrong but it runs much better. now i know what causes it to smoke.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
anything i do with my car is fun:):)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts