Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off is there really not more than one page in here?
damn
and how much horsepower was a stock 4 cyl mustang II running?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D
but my friend has a mustang II for his dirt track car
i was just wondering if thier the same ratings as a fox
a whopping 93 crank hp

·
Registered
141 Posts
Probably less than that stock, but what kind of Mustang owner leaves his ride stock? Besides, the highest stock HP in the early Fairmont-stangs was a 4 banger. So much for the "5.0 fever". eh? :D

I shake my head at guys like nba1341 and their need to post whore without adding anything useful to the discussion, but hey, maybe he just has nothing better to do?

Mind you, attitudes like his are a large part of why I can still go out and buy a running Mustang II parts-car for $100, so I guess I can't complain. The downside is that the vastly superior handling of the II compared to earlier Stangs led to so many being hacked apart for the suspension...

·
Registered
141 Posts
^ i was just copying vinyl :sorry
What software do ya use? I've got a bunch of vinyl I haven't been able to play since I upgraded the stereo. Doesn't matter where I put the turntable or how much I isolate it, all I can get out of it is feedback through the cartridge. 1.8 Kw in the livingroom tends to cause that, and some of my collection will never be released on CD or any other digital medium.

·
Registered
353 Posts
that's pretty funny.

However, if you have the proper input to your PC you can just record it, then you just have to kill the noise, but why wouldn't you want that beautiful background noise?

·
Registered
141 Posts
that's pretty funny.

However, if you have the proper input to your PC you can just record it, then you just have to kill the noise, but why wouldn't you want that beautiful background noise?
I don't know if the "vintage" PC I'm running could handle it (E-tower 566ir)

And background noise is a bit overwhelming at 160+Db, eh?:( (Before the last upgrade, I was able to drown out the death metal band that played the bar up the street...)

Still not sure what I'll want to run for a system in the King, though. Do I run my period-correct Kenwood deck (with the 2 knob setup) and the matching amp, with a couple of amps on the speaker leads so I don't have to chop the dash, or do I run the DIN-style Kenwood head unit and run amps off the RCA outputs? The MII radio bezel is an intrinsic part of the dash, so if I chop it, there's no going back...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i need to tell him he has like.... 40 whp?
:lol

but yeah sorry i didn't meant to make fun of ya'lls subforum

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
o and i know he's rebuilding his motor but being in the pony league
i don't think he can get away with to much modding

·
Registered
141 Posts
so i need to tell him he has like.... 40 whp?
:lol

but yeah sorry i didn't meant to make fun of ya'lls subforum
Yup, pretty much.:D

All good, man. And I just got a wicked deal (basicly free) on a 74 V6 4-speed coupe. Needs fenders and a carb. Not sure what's been done to the engine, but the 74 heads and intake are pre-smog, and there's a good dual exhaust with long-tube headers on it. Also got a sweet deal on some tires and rims. It's getting my spare fenders, a V8 2bbl (I know the 2.8 responds well to this, even stock), the 4.10 Trak/Lok 3rd member, 15" centerlines with 195/60's in the front and 295/50's out back. Good thing I have a spare V6 RAD4 sitting in the garage...:cool:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, pretty much.:D

All good, man. And I just got a wicked deal (basicly free) on a 74 V6 4-speed coupe. Needs fenders and a carb. Not sure what's been done to the engine, but the 74 heads and intake are pre-smog, and there's a good dual exhaust with long-tube headers on it. Also got a sweet deal on some tires and rims. It's getting my spare fenders, a V8 2bbl (I know the 2.8 responds well to this, even stock), the 4.10 Trak/Lok 3rd member, 15" centerlines with 195/60's in the front and 295/50's out back. Good thing I have a spare V6 RAD4 sitting in the garage...:cool:
nice man
my freind needs to find some of those kinda deals lol
poor little mustang 2 doesn't know what its in for once he gets done with it lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
Only the 4-bangers usually got stuck with the 6 3/4", and if for some reason the 74 has it, I have not one, but TWO complete spare 8" setups, as well as a third spare housing and shafts.

That's a small part of why I like the II so much. I've owned almost a dozen Mustang II's over the last 20 years, and my TOTAL cost to buy ALL of them (as well as all the parts I've added) is still less than a single year's worth of payments on a new Mustang. Well that and the fact that a II is NOT based on a Fairmont...:D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Probably less than that stock, but what kind of Mustang owner leaves his ride stock? Besides, the highest stock HP in the early Fairmont-stangs was a 4 banger. So much for the "5.0 fever". eh? :D

I shake my head at guys like nba1341 and their need to post whore without adding anything useful to the discussion, but hey, maybe he just has nothing better to do?

Mind you, attitudes like his are a large part of why I can still go out and buy a running Mustang II parts-car for $100, so I guess I can't complain. The downside is that the vastly superior handling of the II compared to earlier Stangs led to so many being hacked apart for the suspension...

hahaha i have been on this fourm for a while......and that was nba in a nut shell^^^^ (but with a little more petifile next time)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah, most boards have a handfull or so of those. Mostly harmless, I suppose...

While looking over the 74 coupe today, I discovered that it has rear air shocks. Hopefully the shocks are good. I can replace lines if needed, and they'd help clear the 295's on either this car or the King (still not quite sure 295/50's on the rear and 205/50's on the front would sit right with the King airdam...)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yeah, most boards have a handfull or so of those. Mostly harmless, I suppose...

While looking over the 74 coupe today, I discovered that it has rear air shocks. Hopefully the shocks are good. I can replace lines if needed, and they'd help clear the 295's on either this car or the King (still not quite sure 295/50's on the rear and 205/50's on the front would sit right with the King airdam...)

thats what im thinking i might do, i have 215/60/15`s on the front with it lowered about a inch, the wheels are 79 enkie touring wheels 7x15

they fit great!!....but i dont really know for the back

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, I know the 205/50R15's will clear the front with my Centerlines (they didn't rub on the 77 Cobra II) and I THINK I can get the 295's stuffed in out back (I have an aluminum T-ball bat that's roll-flared more fenders than it has smacked T-balls...), but I don't know if the raked hotrod look would suit the lines of the King. The airdam and spats push the look more towards a balanced, flat, road racer look. Once I'm closer to putting plates on it, I'll spend an afternoon swapping rims and tires around and see what I come up with...:confused:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Well, I know the 205/50R15's will clear the front with my Centerlines (they didn't rub on the 77 Cobra II) and I THINK I can get the 295's stuffed in out back (I have an aluminum T-ball bat that's roll-flared more fenders than it has smacked T-balls...), but I don't know if the raked hotrod look would suit the lines of the King. The airdam and spats push the look more towards a balanced, flat, road racer look. Once I'm closer to putting plates on it, I'll spend an afternoon swapping rims and tires around and see what I come up with...:confused:
ya i like the low lever road race look of a king cobra

what wheels are you using with the 295`s?

i would like to see how those look?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts