Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising about 70mph on I-70 east bound in the rain and I hydroplained skid across the median and actoss wes bound lanes into the other side ditch it was a miracle that I did not get hit!! For all mustang owners a couple of things dont buy sumitomo tires they affin suck and drive slow in the rain! its not totaled but, I miss my car already! lmao

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
That really blows man, sorry to hear it. If you cant get it fixed, I am looking for some parts though. good luck

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I was cruising about 70mph on I-70 east bound in the rain and I hydroplained skid across the median and actoss wes bound lanes into the other side ditch it was a miracle that I did not get hit!! For all mustang owners a couple of things dont buy sumitomo tires they affin suck and drive slow in the rain! its not totaled but, I miss my car already! lmao

at least your ok:D but that ****in sucks man! i had a guy run a red light on me a while back and i just knicked his wheel i got stopped in time it made me sick to my stomach i didn't even want to get out to see it:mad:

·
Registered
641 Posts
no bueno senor.. sorry for your bad luck

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Ahhh, the shitty tire lesson. A lesson most of us learn early in life.

You can cheap out on tires, but you definitely get what you pay for with them.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took a vid with my cam but I am electronicaly retarted so I will see if I can't figure out how to post it! I would of asked the same thing! lol "That really blows man, sorry to hear it. If you cant get it fixed, I am looking for some parts though. good luck" mustang gtr 99. I wrecked it 1300 miles frome home so I am going to let it chill at my parents through the winter so I don't have a repeat!:) I will be able to drop insurance and save money to buy much needed mods! :) not on subject but, what is the average miles that mustangs start to have major issues? basikally at what milage is there threshold?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah it should be the damage was 1200 and my deductable is 500 so getting that might be an issue! pretty cool though I picked up a beater to drive for the winter a 1983 datsun it has 260K miles on it! lol primer grey! 250 bucks

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
not on subject but, what is the average miles that mustangs start to have major issues? basikally at what milage is there threshold?
This will vary a ton depending on surrounding conditions and how the car was driven and maintained. I've heard of a few starting to have major issues at 40,000 miles and others at 200,000. I have 60K on mine and nothing is really giving me grief besides the 2nd gear syncro.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
yea 91K isn't really much for a car nowadays. Basic preventative maintenance is pretty much all it takes to get a modern car to run forever.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
No doubt sumi's prolly aren't the best for rain driving but what tire that's almost a foot wide is gonna be good in the rain? Lol and sorry to hear that bro...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
where at on I-70? i know its a long highway, but i was just curious if you were anywhere near me...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts