Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving home from work tonight on 101 and my car had been rumbling a little and vibrating. I was at around 75-80 mph when my tire exploded sending me pulling to the right violently coming less than an inch from taking a friend of mine driving next to me out. I try to slow down and the e brake snaps... I finally stop in the breakdown lane and so does my friend who saw it all go down to see the damage. The tire was beyond ****ed up, everything within like a foot of the wheel well was destroyed by the debris including my fender and right headlight (both beyond repair) looking further the cone filter on my cai was torn off and the end of the pipe bent. Theres a bundle of wires and tubes handing down sparking and the car wont start. Its like trying to start a car in the winter when it takes a while but it just never starts. I had it towed to my mechanic n ill get the quote tomorrow... what do ya think?

·
Banned
636 Posts
I think next time you will learn to not buy cheap tires or use them until there is no tread.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I think next time you will learn to not buy cheap tires or use them until there is no tread.
Lol, so helpful. Ever consider it could of been a faulty tire? Who said anything about cheap tires. Try adding something constructive to the thread;)

Sounds like you just got alot of damage. Not a wreaked situation. Prolly gonna be a pretty penny to get it all fixed however. Was the tire's thread really bad or was it just deffective? If it was deffective I would suggest contacting the company that you got the tire from or wherever you bought it.

:pics

·
Banned
636 Posts
Lol, so helpful. Ever consider it could of been a faulty tire? Who said anything about cheap tires. Try adding something constructive to the thread;)

Sounds like you just got alot of damage. Not a wreaked situation. Prolly gonna be a pretty penny to get it all fixed however. Was the tire's thread really bad or was it just deffective? If it was deffective I would suggest contacting the company that you got the tire from or wherever you bought it.

It plenty helpful if its true. If its not then disregard. However given the fact he knew about the whoble yet decided not to pull over would lead me to believe he might have been neglecting the tires. The way his post reads to me is that he left work and noticed an issue, yet decided to ignore it anyway.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
It plenty helpful if its true. If its not then disregard. However given the fact he knew about the whoble yet decided not to pull over would lead me to believe he might have been neglecting the tires. The way his post reads to me is that he left work and noticed an issue, yet decided to ignore it anyway.
Well sometimes you can't stop and pull over. Maybe he had to get home for some reason quickly? **** happenes... does not mean there is neglect involed. Before you bash someone for buying cheap things or neglecting an issue... learn the whole story. Don't assume they messed up... makes you come across as a bit rude.

Plus, how is it helpful to tell someone "Dont buy cheap stuff and you wont have issues." He could of been driving on Goodyear tires for all you know.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Well sometimes you can't stop and pull over. Maybe he had to get home for some reason quickly? **** happenes... does not mean there is neglect involed. Before you bash someone for buying cheap things or neglecting an issue... learn the whole story. Don't assume they messed up... makes you come across as a bit rude.

Plus, how is it helpful to tell someone "Dont buy cheap stuff and you wont have issues." He could of been driving on Goodyear tires for all you know.
Thats why I said in my second post, IF its true then its a valid point. IF its NOT then disregard.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the wobble wasnt anything horrible to the point where i would pull over to check it out, and it all happened in like 30 seconds. The tires were fairly new like a month or two n they were all seasons. It might have been faulty or i hit something just right n didn't notice idk...

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
If it all happened within 30 seconds there wasn't much you could do but stop, the wobble was most likely the tread separating. Hopefully you still have the blown tire to investigate it to see if it was faulty or if you hit something. As for the fender and light, they can be easily found, I would hunt junk yards for cheap stock replacements. The wiring will be more difficult, but you can probably pull that from a junker too, just have to wire everything...

Sorry for some members having grudges against their own life that feel the need to take it out on members with worthwhile posts. Keep us posted.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Sorry for some members having grudges against their own life that feel the need to take it out on members with worthwhile posts. Keep us posted.
:lol

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
headlight, 200
fender 250
paint 800-1500
repair electrical 800-1500
new fuses which you probably blew 50
new rim (if bent) 75-200
other (filter, ect) 200

proabablky close to what your looking at, of course you were doing 80ish so if the suspension got screwed your looking at even more

what was the speed rating on the tires?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
my car starts rumbling and vibrating, i wouldn't think about going 75-80. Sucks man, glad you didnt get hurt

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
my car starts rumbling and vibrating, i wouldn't think about going 75-80. Sucks man, glad you didnt get hurt
Well from the looks of it, he was already doing 75-80 when it started and he did not realise it was so serious until there was a explosion Lol.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
dammmmn

of the stang's blowout!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sorry bout your bad luck man.. sounds like it probly took out the CCRM (constant control relay module) in the fender well.. .no bueno

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its at the shop right now, i have pics on my cellphone ill get em up later.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts