Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short I just got my car back from the body shop and I installed a set of bolra long tubes and o/r X pipe. The car has a tune from Racers Edge Tuning (in southern california) any who my cars alternator went out and when I got it back from the dealership the wrench was on. The car drove fine for two days before i took it in. Now i cant go wot, wont go over 3000 rpm etc...I can't get the car out the dyno shop because it would require me to go on the high way and my car wont get up to speed (4.30's) i'd have him email me a tune or something but he's out of town until monday. I can add fuel to the wot change spark etc...Any thing i can do to get rid of this? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
68 Posts
The wrench has hit me before too.

Things to try.
1. disconect postive and negative from battery. ground them together and wait about 10 minutes. reconnect and see if wrench goes away.
2. disconnect the MAF harness from the sensor near the air filter. the car will run but not well. I had to do this once and drove home 60 miles after a race. Maybe enough to get you home.
3. return the car to the stock tune and see if the wrench light remains.

one of these should get you home.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
whats the cel saying?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
or limp to dealer haha damn man

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
If the wrench light came on after the dealership they may have updated your computer in which case you will need an updated tune for the exhaust Mods.

You may be able to clear the light with your SCT or diablo sport but if the rear sensors are turned back on the light will come back eventually.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I unplugged the battery and returned the car to stock then i reloaded the tune again. It went away and it's been about 100 miles or so

·
Registered
68 Posts
glad it worked out for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts