Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago i replaced all my rotors with new slotted ones and all my brake pads with hawk high performance ones from american muscle and two of my calipers....and my brakes still ****ing grind!! wtf! they even make a quiet squeaking sound sometimes but the grinding is what really pisses me off...any idea what it could be??? maybe i did something wrong but i couldnt think of what it would be??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to be completley honest I can't remeber... should I take all them apart and grease all the pads? and i would just grease the side of the pad facing the rotor right?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just when i press on the pedal and it only happens at like the end of my stop like right before i come to a complete stop

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Which brakes are grinding? Do they continue grinding if you take your foot off the brake pedal and just coat?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no idea excatly which brakes are the ones grinding.. but no if I take my foot completley off the brake pedal they don't keep grinding..but if i was to keep my foot on the brake pedal and just real slowly let off they would grind real bad till i let off completley

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Are any of the bolts for the calipers or brackets loose by any chance? I had a bolt back out of one of my calipers after I'd changed the pads (that'll teach me not to use thread locker). So the caliper moved out of it's regular position and made a nasty grinding noise when I hit the brakes at lower speeds.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
uhmmm i dont remeber any being loose but ill check that out along with greasing the pads saturday...yall are always so much help lol

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Lol let us know what you find man. If you have someone to help, have them lightly hold the brakes while you try to spin the wheels by hand (with the car on jack stands obviously). If you can get it to make the noise while you're right by the wheel, it will be easier to pinpoint what exactly is making the noise.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Do you have the rotors on the correct way? The direction goes by the inner veins, not the outside slots.

I don't know if that would create a grinding noise, but since you're taking it all off anyway you should make sure.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so i changed my rear shocks because they were pretty much broken and that actually helped a lot with the grinding...it still does it a little bit but not enough to matter to me..
and i had another question... my fuel injectors are bad and since i am going to be turboing my car before too long would it be alright if I put on some either 39# or 42# injectors right now? And on american muscle they have them, but it says for the v8, would they still work on my car and i could just throw the other 2 away?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I don't think it would be a good idea to put 39# or 42# injectors in just yet. You'll need a tune for them or you're going to run very, very rich considering your current injectors are something like 19# or 24# (or somewhere in between, I don't remember exactly). I'm not sure where you got your tuner from, but I don't think Bama (through AM) tunes for injectors so you would have to pay to have a custom tune written. Also, check out the SVTPerformance forum. Injectors from Termis go up for sale once in a while and you can get them cheaper than buying them brand new.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts