Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i made a post a little while back about my drivers side window making noise when closing the door if it was rolled down at all, and it wouldnt make noise when rolled all the way up. and i found the problem, look at the pics and please tell me, am i f***ed?

when i bought this car 8 months ago at the dealer, and a nice dealer, the window was off the track and they said they would repair it. i didnt think it mean get some cheap ass glue and go to town on my f***ing window! damn. payed good money for this car too....

·
Registered
312 Posts
welcome to the club my window was off the track and my friend help fix it with glue well it lasted about a month and it came off track yesterday i was like f this so i took it to my mechanic and he said that you need a new regulator he said the older regulators break often and you can get upgraded ones for $130 so thats what im doing just upgrading mine so the problem is gone. its a chunk of change but when its 90 out side you need your windows down hahha

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
go to salvage..steal window and all necessary parts and your set!

probably cheaper too than trying to get it fixed

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
My windows rattle when I have them down and I go over a large bump. I'm not really worried about it until I can't get my window back up lol

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
go back to the dealer and chew them out, if a dealer did that to my window before I bought the car I'd want the money to repair it the right way

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
go back to the dealer and chew them out, if a dealer did that to my window before I bought the car I'd want the money to repair it the right way
thats what i plan on doing. when we bought it they said they would repair it, not glue it. im gonna go to town on those guys in a couple days. ill update what happens.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
thats what i plan on doing. when we bought it they said they would repair it, not glue it. im gonna go to town on those guys in a couple days. ill update what happens.
I wouldnt go in guns blazing on second though, calmly say that the thing they "fixed" broke again, and that you took it apart to find they glued it. Tell them you paid a premium price on the car for what it was because you thought it was in perfect condition, not held together with a bottle of elmers. If they dont do anything then lose it

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldnt go in guns blazing on second though, calmly say that the thing they "fixed" broke again, and that you took it apart to find they glued it. Tell them you paid a premium price on the car for what it was because you thought it was in perfect condition, not held together with a bottle of elmers. If they dont do anything then lose it
of course of course. yeah when i actually bought the car the driver side window was off the track. so they were supposed to fix it. its in the signed contract of the purchase agreement, that and a new serpentine. which is fine. oh and the driver side door panel part with the lock and window switches was supposed to be fixed too, but they glued that as well i found. and that didnt stick for more than a day. so ill do what you said and talk to them calmly and then if needed get stern with them. the stuff they were supposed to fixed but glued was the reason i bought the car so it would be in perfect cond.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
if you have to end up losing it, threatening them with the fact that youll call the consumer alert place is always a good one, you dont want someone to receive the same shitty service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts