Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok after some bs with my struts i now have a new problem my wipers I have done no electrical work and now for some odd reason my wipers dont work .
-relays checked and replaced just incase
-fused checked and replaced just incase
-switch checked and swapped with my friends to check and nothing

ANY ideas?
and no a 7mm socket does not work .:mad:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Here are some things you can check.

If the fuse is OK, connect a jumper wire between the wiper motor and ground, then retest. If the motor works now, repair the ground connection. If the motor still doesn't work, turn the wiper switch to the HI position and check for voltage at the motor. If there's voltage at the motor, remove the motor and check it off the vehicle with fused jumper wires from the battery. If the motor now works, check for binding linkage. If the motor still doesn't work, replace it. If there's no voltage at the motor, check for voltage at the wiper control module. If there's voltage at the wiper control module and no voltage at the wiper motor, check the switch for continuity. If the switch is OK, the wiper control module is probably dead.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some things you can check.

If the fuse is OK, connect a jumper wire between the wiper motor and ground, then retest. If the motor works now, repair the ground connection. If the motor still doesn't work, turn the wiper switch to the HI position and check for voltage at the motor. If there's voltage at the motor, remove the motor and check it off the vehicle with fused jumper wires from the battery. If the motor now works, check for binding linkage. If the motor still doesn't work, replace it. If there's no voltage at the motor, check for voltage at the wiper control module. If there's voltage at the wiper control module and no voltage at the wiper motor, check the switch for continuity. If the switch is OK, the wiper control module is probably dead.
thanks ill try them when i get back from out of state.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts