Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I never noticed this before when I had my rims on my car..

My left wheel is setting further out from the car that the right side.

My alignment is fine, but when I line the steering wheel at center the wheels look akward. The left one sticks out from the car like 2inches more than the other side..

Same size and brand tires on both sides and rim.

I was thinking maybe its the control arm, my struts maybe?

I didnt know what forumn to put it under so I put it in one I knew people would read. I'll get pics up if I can.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
car ever in a wreck? it is possible the body is not aligned on the chassis

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you bought 18*9/10 or 17*9/10.5, or any wheels that have different front and back sizes, make sure you have the larger ones on the back. Kind of obvious... but just making sure before people go more in depth.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
yeah spacers.. car wreck.. all the tires the same? or did you buy specifically bigger ones for the rear? um.. jack it up and make sure the tire is tight on there.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Ya, best bet is to check the tire sizes, and make sure they are tight.

Other than that, check to see if it has ever been in a wreck...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
car ever in a wreck? it is possible the body is not aligned on the chassis

Yeah I did and I hit the side that looks correct(right side) right now I don't have rims.. BLAHBASHDHW

How can I get it fixed if that is the problem?

=[ I am hoping it's not a outragous price to have it fixed ='[

I know that something is wrong with it and when I show it to people they say "your just being picky, it's only like 2 inches out" I am thinking WTF cars aren't supposed to do that! I was gonna get my new rims soon but now I know that if I get some they are gonna stick out past the fender and that will look wack!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
what kind of accident? not sure if its possible but maybe you hit it hard enough to bend the chassis or maybe slide an axle.. but that doesn't make sense as to how it would pass an inspection if your chassis got bent.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
what kind of accident? not sure if its possible but maybe you hit it hard enough to bend the chassis or maybe slide an axle.. but that doesn't make sense as to how it would pass an inspection if your chassis got bent.
Thats what I was thinking. A slided axel. But with that, the car wouldnt be aligned, and in my opinion, wouldnt be driveable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts