Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Need more wallet filler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the shocks again after stripping the first set. I was happy these went on. But I let the car down and now I see this!!!!!

Attachments

·
Need more wallet filler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one can explain this shock conundrum

·
Registered
264 Posts
Did you use all of the spacers and the bumpstop?

·
Need more wallet filler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used everything except dust covers

·
Registered
982 Posts
LOL. I did the same thing man. Thank goodness I left my hood open when the I put the car down. The dust covers have the lower bushings in them. You need to take the lower bushings off the dust covers and use them. If you think about it, if they were not needed the shock would be completely bottomed out when you tighten the nut up.

I would keep the dust covers on anyway they keep rocks and sand from destroying the upper seal.

·
Need more wallet filler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL. I did the same thing man. Thank goodness I left my hood open when the I put the car down. The dust covers have the lower bushings in them. You need to take the lower bushings off the dust covers and use them. If you think about it, if they were not needed the shock would be completely bottomed out when you tighten the nut up.

I would keep the dust covers on anyway they keep rocks and sand from destroying the upper seal.

Lol damn I threw them in the dump yesterday. Good thing is I do have camber caster plates. I just need to put them on! I did a lot yesterday...changed the carpet, new seats and brackets, painted the doors and other vinyl parts. Also painted the rear seats!

Attachments

·
Registered
982 Posts
Lol damn I threw them in the dump yesterday. Good thing is I do have camber caster plates. I just need to put them on! I did a lot yesterday...changed the carpet, new seats and brackets, painted the doors and other vinyl parts. Also painted the rear seats!
I don't have caster camber plates but I'm pretty sure you will still need the lower bushings. Maybe someone else can clarify that has CC plates.

·
Need more wallet filler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have caster camber plates but I'm pretty sure you will still need the lower bushings. Maybe someone else can clarify that has CC plates.

The shock can’t physically go up due to the hole size.

Attachments

·
All **** All The Time
2,917 Posts
My lower bushings were shot so I just ran the dust cover and metal plate on top with spacers for my CC plates. Seems to be fine so far.

·
Need more wallet filler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aftermarket Plates are on and two provided spacers later i was able to drive her to work today!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts