Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. SO i got a great idea to put a kill switch on my 95 gt. I park it on the street sometimes and I thought if i put one in atleast noone would be able to steal it. So i searched for a wire to tap into. I pulled the seats and all interiors pieces for painting and decided to tap into one of the wires going into the top of the clutch pedal. Im 6'4 and getting my loong ass arms up in there was an f-ing task. but i did it .. It didnt work. Now i put it back like it was and it wont start...turnover...or anything... Any ideas what i may have done? And does anyone have an easier way to rig up a kill switch. I had one on a F150 when i was younger and i just think that they are overlooked and not used enough. Really easy way to almost garantee that no one will gank your ride.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
what did you try to wire it into the clutch safety switch or something....thats what i would have done if thats not what you did

·
Registered
540 Posts
Is the clutch safety switch plugged correctly, or still in place? I mean does the clutch pedal still turn the switch. Only thing that came to my mind. Does all the electrics still work as they used to? Fuses?

I was thinking of installing a kill switch to fuel pump relay,
cause its easy accessible. Switch could be under the seat on left side.

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
yeah. check the fuse first. it's really easy to pop a fuse when you have exposed wire in a tight spot.

wire up a relay that runs the starter wire under the dash. hook a toggle switch up to it and you'll be set. this is a good way cause you can hide the toggle switch anywhere you want.

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts

85 (orange in diagram) - chassis ground
86 (pink in diagram) - 12 volt source with a toggle switch in line

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i say the easiest way would be to just put an inline toggle on the clutch safetly switch ......that cant be much current flow through there so you should be fine without a relay or anything

·
Registered
39 Posts
i rec. tap in the fuel relay is much safer than the clutch switch. they ways things are if some one figures out with the clutch thing any body can push started, but with no fuel they need a tow truck. my 2cnts.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
there was a guy on here with a twin turbo mustang that had his car stolen when the motor wasn't even completely built. Don't think a kill switch will stop them. A quality car alarm and your local firearms dealer will be the best prevention method.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i searched the haynes manual and found that the wire from the ignition to the clutch safety switch is blu/white and pink/lt blue. So i cut one of those wires, and wired a toggle in between them. i didnt think i would need a relay or anything. It seems like even after i wired back to original, it was doing what i wanted it to do when i put the kill switch in. all the acc comes on, lights etc, but when you turn the key...nothing...i think when i get it back up, Best buy cant take it and put an alarm on it. F-IT......I would highly recommend anyone over the height of 4'1 not try and even access anything up by the top of the clutch...what a ****ing pain...if i had tried to squeeze in there with the seats in, i would have had to call the firedept to drag my ass out. JAWS of life....SO much for easy security.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
i searched the haynes manual and found that the wire from the ignition to the clutch safety switch is blu/white and pink/lt blue. So i cut one of those wires, and wired a toggle in between them. i didnt think i would need a relay or anything. It seems like even after i wired back to original, it was doing what i wanted it to do when i put the kill switch in. all the acc comes on, lights etc, but when you turn the key...nothing...i think when i get it back up, Best buy cant take it and put an alarm on it. F-IT......I would highly recommend anyone over the height of 4'1 not try and even access anything up by the top of the clutch...what a ****ing pain...if i had tried to squeeze in there with the seats in, i would have had to call the firedept to drag my ass out. JAWS of life....SO much for easy security.
I don't know about a 95, but on fox bodies you can put the steering wheel all the way up (unless you have a crappy airbag non-tilt wheel) and the seat all the way back and lay it down. Then you lay on the seat with feet by the headrest and your head by the pedals. this is not comfortable for sure, but it is the easiest way to work on the under the dash stuff. It is also useful to have a friend there in case you get stuck...lol

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i know for a fact that women can fit in the floor board pretty well:):p:p:p

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
......I would highly recommend anyone over the height of 4'1 not try and even access anything up by the top of the clutch...what a ****ing pain...if i had tried to squeeze in there with the seats in, i would have had to call the firedept to drag my ass out. JAWS of life....SO much for easy security.
you're tellin me. i was a car audio installer for years. and i'm 6'6"

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ummmmm.....Beer.
I guess i was an idiot last night when i tried to do this. i looked at it this morning and realized that i overtightened the wire nut on one of the wires and pulled the wire out of the connector. got it back in and it works like a charm with no relay...just a toggle. i mounted it under the dash...what an obvious place i know, but i figure if someone can break into my car, find the kill switch and hot wire it before i relaize it and have time t run outside with my 9mm, then they desreve to get away with it. they win.. anyway, this really wasnt that hard had i done it right in the first place.

·
Registered
107 Posts
you may have cut your netrual safty switch wire and that may be your problem i would follw the wire and see where it goes and maby replace that whole wire

1 - 14 of 14 Posts