Registered
10,512 Posts
pass

·
Registered
927 Posts
????????

"
Q: hi what do you mean about (Specify Romeo or Windsor at time of order). i have a 04 gt engine wwill this work on mine and what pound injectors run with...more
Answered on Feb-22-08
A:
From 1999-2004 some of the Mustangs GT's used engines from the Windsor plant. Most were Romeo's. The easiest way to tell is to count the valve...more
"

·
Registered
927 Posts
what i found on the net
"Yes an no on the M112 statement. This is a new Magnuson Generation 5 M112. Magnuson case, Eaton rotors. It made about 45-50 more HP then the old 03-04 cobra M112. The kit has been set up to be upgradeable to the M122 followed by the TVS. It also uses an independent 8 rib belt to drive the blower. A secondary pulley is bolted to the stock damper, and to change boost, you take out 3 bolts, swap in a larger pulley and for every 1/2 larger pulley you gain 2 pounds of boost. Just like on the Cobra's, Lightnings and Super coupes. The stock pulley is 6 1/4 inches in diameter and if you run it on the stock accessory belt it gets tough to make any boost. There are NO hidden costs in the kit, but the tune is a "street" tune and is limited to about 385-390 rwhp."

"

The kit was designed for the "daily driver" customer who wanted 100-150 more HP without spending an arm and a leg. Keep in mind that this is a bone stock 4.6L that was tested and we felt 385-390 rwhp was a safe bet. We did crank it up to see what it would handle and at 437 rwhp it popped the rods out. Since then we installed all good internals, and are doing some more testing over the next few weeks. We also installed a new Centerforce since the motor was out anyway.
We have the designs done for the TVS and are just waiting for Magnuson to deliver, since it will fit nicely on our manifold design. If you compare costs, we wanted it to be affordable. $4300.00 for a intercooled kit, with injectors, MAF, CAI, throttle body, pump, 8 rib belt system, chip, belts, heat exchanger, coolant pump & reservoir is a deal (we think). On a built motor with good heads, cams, and a built bottom end, we believe that 465-500 is not out of the question."

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
doesnt look too bad, but 1, its not intercooled, and 2, its a eaton M112, a M112 non intercooled is not good, they dont call them heatons for nothing, and without a intercooler setup IAT2's are going to be SOOOOOO high.

spend a few more bucks, and get a good centrifugal kit, and if you MUST have a PD blower get a KB.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
doesnt look too bad, but 1, its not intercooled, and 2, its a eaton M112, a M112 non intercooled is not good, they dont call them heatons for nothing, and without a intercooler setup IAT2's are going to be SOOOOOO high.

spend a few more bucks, and get a good centrifugal kit, and if you MUST have a PD blower get a KB.
Good point... i'll just save up the $5000 for the 2.1L KB kit

·
Registered
753 Posts
looks good, but u will have to change injectors,fuel pump,hood,,,and tune..your going to spend 4000 dollars..it adds up quick..

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RanGer got a link to $4300 full intercooled kit u were talkin about this thing is starting to sound pretty good

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does ANYBODY have one of these or even heard of someone having one of these things and know if theyre any good

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i was talking to the guy about it, sounds promising. i would like to buy it, but i think i have the build pretty planned out and it wount work for me.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Look in the April 2008 issue of 5.0 mustang & super fords.... page 174. Its there. I guess it was unveiled at SEMA.

I'm really thinking about getting this kit now, i really like it alot.
I would like to see some tests and results 1st though, but it is $700 cheaper than the KB kit and i never plan on going over 500rwhp, so i done think anyhting will be a problem other than forged internals and a pully swap.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts

1. it has an intercooled option

2. its not a 112

3. the new eatons are a hybrid style, not a conventional roots type

4. this is like running the kb @6psi with no intercooler

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the options for this kit is like any other kit. there are upper and lower pulleys to do, idlers, upgraded heat exchangers, etc. if i were to go the boosted route i was highly concidering this kit. i cant remember how much boost it was capable of, but et certainly enough to get some damn good numbers. this is a hybrid style blower also, it has a 60 degree rotor design and plenty capable of making power.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
the options for this kit is like any other kit. there are upper and lower pulleys to do, idlers, upgraded heat exchangers, etc. if i were to go the boosted route i was highly concidering this kit. i cant remember how much boost it was capable of, but et certainly enough to get some damn good numbers.
so say i just want about 400 hp (9lbs or so) out of it... do you think this would be cheaper than the KB 2.1L kit?

Sry for all the questions

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
so say i just want about 400 hp (9lbs or so) out of it... do you think this would be cheaper than the KB 2.1L kit?

Sry for all the questions
400 is easily acheivable with boost, its supporting mods and tune. no need to be sorry for the questions, thats what this forum is for.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
400 is easily acheivable with boost, its supporting mods and tune. no need to be sorry for the questions, thats what this forum is for.
that kit looks like it doesnt come with a special CAI... will the intercooled verson come with one or not? I'm hoping i can still use my JLT

1 - 20 of 44 Posts