Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was...more than I wanted to deal with.

So around noon or so, my roommate has me drive her to work. No big deal.

Now, her work is on a 5 lane highway. 2 on each side and a turn lane in the middle.

So, I'm on my way back home, and I get to the intersection and move over into the turn lane to go left. I didn't bother turning on my blinker, mostly because I was lazy and tired and partly because there's not exactly very many other options...it's a turn-only lane. I didn't cut anyone off, I just followed the yellow line and merged over.

Now, behind me there was this guy in a Prius. The light turns green, I make the turn, and suddenly the Prius zooms up on my right side, cuts me off, and slams on the brakes. I think 'wtf man, dick move' and figure he's just in a hurry and trying to turn left, so I just move over into the right lane to go around him. He then proceeds to zoom over and cut me off again, preventing me from passing. At this point I realize its deliberate, and think 'wow, what a ****ing asshole' and try to gun it around his left side, he sees it coming and so I swerve back into the right lane and end up getting next to him.

At this point, he swerves towards me, pushing me towards the edge of the road. I end up pulling into a parking lot for some warehouse, and he follows me in and gets out of his car. I'm furious, I've only just woken up, and now this ****ing guy wants to start **** with me. Ok.

I get out and ask him what the **** his problem is. He gets up in my face, screaming about how I didn't use my signal. He was close enough to my face that I could smell his breath, I could feel his spit hit my face as he was screaming. He didn't smell like alcohol, so I've no idea what possessed him to act like this...maybe he was tweaking...I don't know.

Instinctively, I shoved him, told him to back the **** up. That made him try and swing at me, he ended up barely grazing the tip of my nose, and then at that point...it was just fight or flight. I grabbed the back of his head, he had a gay ass man-bun (that **** is trendy or something around here) and smacked his face off the top of his car. Once that happened, it was like all the wind was taken out of his sails, he just kind of crumpled to the ground holding his face. I jumped back in my car, drove off, and then once I got home, I realized that had this guy had a knife, or a gun, I could very well be dead. That's kind of a reality check...I live in a nice neighborhood, I keep to myself, I don't go out or party or hang out with busted ass people that look for trouble anymore, I thought I was beyond this type of ****.

But no.

All because I didn't use my ****ing turn signal in a turn-only lane.

2 years ago I had someone in a big ass pickup try to run me off the road for absolutely zero reason.

Seriously, wtf?

Is there something in the water or are people just that big of ****ing assholes? You're driving a 2-3000lb death machine, maybe chill the **** out?

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Haha people are assholes. I have a good visual of this from your description. Years back when I was about 24 and dating my wife at the time, she was driving my car because I had a few beers in me. We were on the highway and this pickup truck was doing like 20 mph under the speed limit. There was a passing zone so she passed the truck. Next thing I know the truck speeds up and gets right on the bumper of my car. It's swerving back and forth. We get to our off ramp, I lived just off the highway near the hockey rink. There are no other houses in the area. The truck passes by the off ramp then all of a sudden drives over the median down the hill and back in behind us. We pull into the large parking lot near the place I was living and the truck follows. I grabbed a cut off piece of hickory axe handle I carry in my car and jumped out charging at the truck. Luckily they took off. I still carry the piece of hickory in my Jeep to this day next to the driver's seat just in case.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

If somebody comes up in your face like that and you really want to make him look like an asshole, pull the back of his shirt over his head and give him a couple reality checks while he is struggling to free himself.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Haha people are assholes. I have a good visual of this from your description. Years back when I was about 24 and dating my wife at the time, she was driving my car because I had a few beers in me. We were on the highway and this pickup truck was doing like 20 mph under the speed limit. There was a passing zone so she passed the truck. Next thing I know the truck speeds up and gets right on the bumper of my car. It's swerving back and forth. We get to our off ramp, I lived just off the highway near the hockey rink. There are no other houses in the area. The truck passes by the off ramp then all of a sudden drives over the median down the hill and back in behind us. We pull into the large parking lot near the place I was living and the truck follows. I grabbed a cut off piece of hickory axe handle I carry in my car and jumped out charging at the truck. Luckily they took off. I still carry the piece of hickory in my Jeep to this day next to the driver's seat just in case.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

If somebody comes up in your face like that and you really want to make him look like an asshole, pull the back of his shirt over his head and give him a couple reality checks while he is struggling to free himself.
I'm beyond the age of dealing with assholes on the road. **** a piece of hickory, this is why I have a gun in all my cars, plus the .380 I always pocket carry.

When I leave the house:
Keys, check
Wallet, check
Phone, check
Gun, check

In Florida we have a stand your ground law that states I don't need to retreat from a threat. When I was young I dealt with the ****. Now I just train once a week at the local range. In the day and age where the number of people is the highest ever in history with carry permits, I don't get why people feel inclined to follow others over stupid traffic incidents. If you follow me, that just gives me more time to prepare for when I have to stop. Notice I said "have" to stop. I'm not going to intentionally stop somewhere to have you confront me, but I'm also not going to drive all over town or cower at a stoplight because your stupid ass feels the needs to want to fight because of a blinker or you're having a bad day.

/endrant

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

lol

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
I have a firearm on me a lot of the time, normally if I am hitting the gym, going Mt. Biking or something like that I don't normally carry. I hear you though on being prepared.
IF I remember correctly, aren't you a LEO?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'm beyond the age of dealing with assholes on the road. **** a piece of hickory, this is why I have a gun in all my cars, plus the .380 I always pocket carry.

When I leave the house:
Keys, check
Wallet, check
Phone, check
Gun, check

In Florida we have a stand your ground law that states I don't need to retreat from a threat. When I was young I dealt with the ****. Now I just train once a week at the local range. In the day and age where the number of people is the highest ever in history with carry permits, I don't get why people feel inclined to follow others over stupid traffic incidents. If you follow me, that just gives me more time to prepare for when I have to stop. Notice I said "have" to stop. I'm not going to intentionally stop somewhere to have you confront me, but I'm also not going to drive all over town or cower at a stoplight because your stupid ass feels the needs to want to fight because of a blinker or you're having a bad day.

/endrant
+1

In NC we have a castle doctrine, which is pretty much a stand your ground law. I can use as much force as needed to end an altercation, I have no duty to retreat, and if I feel like myself or others are in danger of great bodily harm or death, I can use deadly force and as long as I'm not the aggressor I am free of civil liability.

One weird thing with this law is that say someone cuts me off and I follow them, get out of my car and call them a jackass, then they get out and start coming at me and I shoot them, I would be charged; but, if when they get out to come at me and I say "whoa, take it easy, man. I don't want to fight, but he continues to pursue a fight, I regain my right to defend myself.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I dont think you not using the blinker is justification enough for this guy to do this, I just have one quick story to relate to this kind of scenario.

My dads friend was driving in Argentina, and he cut off a truck, they chased each other and pulled over to fight. The truck driver got up to his face, like in your scenario, but before my dads friend could even say back up, he looked down and realized he had a black knife coming out of his torso. He later died of internal bleeding on the side of the road.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
I just don't get it. Dad's friend dies because of road rage. It's so dumb! Life is way too short and precious to get violent over dumb stupid things. It blows my mind.
@Imaginary Enemy - With laws like this, especially here in the south, I don't get for the life of me why people start fights. Now a days, you don't know who's carrying or what anyone's state of mind is. It's so dumb to start fights. Since I carry, I avoid confrontation at all costs because I know once I draw that weapon, a whole **** storm could potentially fall down on me causing me unwanted stress and headaches - but that's the risk I take daily.

It's so weird down here in Florida considering gun laws. All you need to say is "I feared for my life" and you can claim Stand your ground. Obviously there is rules to that such as provoking, but a little common sense and you can get away with self defense.

I could go on and on and on about stories here in Florida - but long story short, stay in the damn car people. Don't confront strangers. I don't care how big you think you are or how much training you had in whatever self defense class such as karate. Bullets don't care. It's not worth it. It reminds me of a quote I read from the early days of Colt advertising. It goes something like God created Man, but Colt made them equal. This basically means with modern weapons, the smallest guy/girl can now defend themselves from the biggest person.

I could preach on this but I'll stop lol

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I just don't get it. Dad's friend dies because of road rage. It's so dumb! Life is way too short and precious to get violent over dumb stupid things. It blows my mind.
@Imaginary Enemy - With laws like this, especially here in the south, I don't get for the life of me why people start fights. Now a days, you don't know who's carrying or what anyone's state of mind is. It's so dumb to start fights. Since I carry, I avoid confrontation at all costs because I know once I draw that weapon, a whole **** storm could potentially fall down on me causing me unwanted stress and headaches - but that's the risk I take daily.

It's so weird down here in Florida considering gun laws. All you need to say is "I feared for my life" and you can claim Stand your ground. Obviously there is rules to that such as provoking, but a little common sense and you can get away with self defense.

I could go on and on and on about stories here in Florida - but long story short, stay in the damn car people. Don't confront strangers. I don't care how big you think you are or how much training you had in whatever self defense class such as karate. Bullets don't care. It's not worth it. It reminds me of a quote I read from the early days of Colt advertising. It goes something like God created Man, but Colt made them equal. This basically means with modern weapons, the smallest guy/girl can now defend themselves from the biggest person.

I could preach on this but I'll stop lol
I know what you mean, man. I'm always carrying and I also have a dash cam so, even if I didn't want to, I have to keep my cool because it's all being recorded. Got the dash cam because 5 days after I bought my new car I got sideswiped by a guy who was eating food instead of paying attention to the road and after I got it fixed a piece of wood fell out of a truck on the highway and I couldn't avoid it so it hit my bumper.

·
Needs moar meat
5,011 Posts
]If somebody comes up in your face like that and you really want to make him look like an asshole, pull the back of his shirt over his head and give him a couple reality checks while he is struggling to free himself.
The jersey! Spoken like a true Canadian. I approve, Fox. I approve

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The thing I just find really ****ing sad about all this is I hate the idea of feeling like I need to carry a gun because people don't know how to behave like anything but animals. I used to have a really nice gun, a Sig 229 and I sold it because I lived in a nice area, I never really went shooting, and I didn't feel like I needed it.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts