Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says which would do yall think is better, x cal 3 or a diabloe hand held tuner

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have the diablosport and i like it. the only drawback is 93 octane only. i think sct has an 87 octane tune available. later...

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I have the x3. I love it. I have my 87 octane tune on right now. Tryin to talk with American Muscle to get my 93 octane tune onto my tuner. I have an 87 and 91 tune on it right now.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
hmusn... i hear people complaining about having to run 93 octane in their cars... i run 93 octane in mine all the time thats not hurtin it huh?

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
If you have a mostly stock car nearly all of the hp gains from a tuner are the result of increased timing for 91-93 octane. If you run 87 octane there will be very little to no gains. If you don't want to run higher octane then there is no point on buying a tuner (unless you are moderately modified). Running 93 octane on the stock tune is a 100% waste of money and will result with slightly less hp and worse mpg.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
i have a hypertech on my car and i think i remember puttin the 93 tune in when i programmed it but i dont really remember.... trick can you burn diablosport chips?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i prefer the diablo myself. doc is probably going to sell his x-cal3 off his mach because we had better outcomes with the diablo. you can run 91on 93 tune without any issues. i can run 89 easily on my car, with my aggressive tune in it.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
my name is mike:wave, but everyone will probably say :gives. if dyno tuning, use what they tune with. small tuning, either is fine, the sct is a little nicer i think, a lot of tuning especially with timing then i say diablo. you can pm doc8224 and get more info from his point of veiw of his x-3.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
well... i have a hypertech on my car right now.. but i have a diablosport chip layin in my desk drawer. so if i would benefit a good bit from gettin it flashed and put on my car i will do that instead

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I have the diablo on my Mach, and have nothing but good things to say about them. I only run 93 octane. With the quality of fuel these days I might start buying race fuel. I don't kow if it's bad by you guys, but they water down the fuel by us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts