Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now we have direct tv and like it. But we want a bundle with home security and xfinity seems to have a great package. Looking for feedback from some xfinity customers thanks!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I like xfinity but sometime the service will go out for a while for no reason and the customer service sucks. I was at home with two contractors one time when were having issues and I was trying to start a conversation and they were kind of assholes. We've had to call them out a few times for stuff and they're always like that.

Bottom line, its got pretty good cable but bad customer service

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
I don't have satellite/cable anymore. Bought a cheap antenna for local channels and use Netflix/torrents for everything else.

I'm probably not the best person to respond in this thread. :lol

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
I had xfinity and I was less than thrilled about the cost for what I was getting. FWIW, if I could put a dish on my condo then I would be using directv.

Have you shopped other security systems? I did it once for a customer, some of the locally owned ones can be higher rated and lower price than the big companies.

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,178 Posts
I have xfinity. They suck balls. Half our HD channels don't even work right and constantly cut out. Internet slows down at times and I'm constantly restarting the router. Had techs out here twice and it hasn't been resolved and called them multiple times. Also, they are pretty much one of the only providers that don't allow you to have HBO GO app on PS3/PS4. I'm moving in a month or so or I would have switched providers already. I remember reading that comcast/xfinity was voted the worst company for customer service two years running now. Stay away....

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
I have DirecTv because I live too far in the sticks to get anything else, I can't even get high speed internet to watch Netflix, so satelite tv is the only tv option. I love my DirecTv besides the cost of it. **** is ridiculous, but it's no different than any other satellite provider since they're all the same +-5 bucks here and there. I have the choice package I think which gives me Fox Sports Detroit to watch Tigers and Wings games and a larger TV package which gives me Science channel I want and stuff like that. I pay $93 a month for tv which I think is outrageous. It wasn't bad the first year with the discounts, but once they expire it goes up a lot. Although since I don't have an internet bill, I guess 93 for tv is close to what I would pay for internet and shitty basic cable with Charter. I think the price should be $20 lower and I wouldn't complain. 93 is too high though.

They're still better than Dish Network though. Those guys are the worst. Terrible customer service, shitty packages that require you to get a big package just to get some decent channels, terrible remotes, and giant boxes. I canceled my serive with them years ago and a year ago they put a $117 collection on my credit. Even after when I canceled I asked if this was all I would have to pay to be at a zero balance and they said "yes." I call them a year later after that's on my credit and they tell me I must have heard them incorrectly and that zero balance was until my last bill came out which was $117. I still think they were lying, but that was their story and they were sticking to it. So I paid the $117 and vowed to never recommend them, and never do business with them again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts