Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my axel backs this weekend (Finaly) and now im gunna save up for the rest of the exaust( mid pipe then hopefully headers) now with that in mind in your opinonions what is better sounding and or what is the main diffrence between a O/R X pipe vs O/R H pipe. ive always wanted to know anyways:D

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
x is a little bit raspier, h is a little deeper. x gains maybe 1 or 2 hp more. You'll never feel the difference. The sound alone is what you should base your decision off of. Personally I love the way the x sounds on a 2V motor but I prefer the h on the 3v...

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
you will feel the difference in the x-pipe vs the h-pipe....in the back pressure. And once you start packing on the ponies or boost.....you will feel the difference.

Get the X-pipe!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You wont pass smog in the great state of California with an O/R pipe...just throwin it out there

·
Registered
451 Posts
you will feel the difference in the x-pipe vs the h-pipe....in the back pressure. And once you start packing on the ponies or boost.....you will feel the difference.

Get the X-pipe!
did you change your exhaust?
cause i thought the bullitt had the h pipe

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
you should probably consider knowing what your headers will be before the midpipe as well. lol. I'd say an H pipe or pro-chamber

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
+1 to Redfire's question and Burnin's point: the end sound will be influenced by the axlebacks and headers. No midpipe adds the same sound to all axlebacks or headers. It's all a mix and match game.

If you let us know what your axlebacks are going to be, we can help you out some more.

And Juco's link works, it's sarcasm for: you really should know everyone and their uncle has asked this question before, so there's some excellent reading material to be had if you use the forum search and find some older threads. :yes

Good luck! :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts