1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hello, we'll that is an off road x pipe, meaning no cats. You can't pass a smog test when your missing smog equipment. So no you cannot. Even with highflow cats they don't pass a sniffer test. As for the difference between x and h, x will generally give you more power but will be kinda raspy and high pitched. The h pipe will give you a nice deep tone.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bud. I'm ignorant about exhaust.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i find that using the forum's excellent search feature is a great way for obtaining knowledge! i can't count how many times i've used it. it's a helluva lot faster than waiting for someone to respond to a thread.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i find that using the forum's excellent search feature is a great way for obtaining knowledge! i can't count how many times i've used it. it's a helluva lot faster than waiting for someone to respond to a thread.
Yeah, I know you're right. I was just lazy. I own a tax firm and I'm swamped beyond belief right now, so I was just hoping for a specific answer as opposed to searching through the threads.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Don't know what you have for emissions requirement in TX but up here in WI some farm like counties don't even have emisions test. Check around and what they do at the race shops here is register your car in one of thoes counties and you can slap what ever you want to on it!

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Yeah, in Texas they dont sniff...yet.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have to smog my car every to years, and if were caught without cats its a 10k fine. I envy you guys, damn california.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
well it depends on where you are! and what are you looking for? sound? hp? i only have ford racing axle back and it is a nice deep tone! cant wait to leave Germany! can only have 95 decibels!

·
Registered
789 Posts
So if high flow cats wont pass the Sniffer then what's the best route if one is looking to change the exhaust?
If you want to stay legal and pass a sniffer technically you are limited to a cat back exhaust or an axle back. Ir put on some long tubes and chage them out everytime you go to smog your car

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Are you saying that there is no difference between High flow cat's and off road "cat-less".
I always wondered if they really did anything?

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
^ not sure, that would be a good thing to look into! might as well go o/r if it is just for looks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
You "should" pass emissions with the hi flow cats. Off road you will fail like a mother. Just the little sniffer test is what will get you if you have high flows. Also Hi flows keep your exhaust from sounding ridiculous when you have muffler deletes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am moving to Burlington NC this fall. I believe the do emissions test. But, I do want LTH and High-Flow cats. Although I am military so I could leave my car registered in Texas and have no inspection for the next 4 years since I won't be in Texas.........Hmmmm. Way around I do believe. So there is no way of passing with LTH and Catted X pipe??

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been told that if you have either Magna Flow High-Flow Cats or Car Sound then it'll pass the sniffer in California.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've been told that if you have either Magna Flow High-Flow Cats or Car Sound then it'll pass the sniffer in California.
Nothing passes in Cali except for the ****ing Leaf or the Prius. At least we can sleep knowing the Cruze's steering wheels come off....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have to smog my car every to years, and if were caught without cats its a 10k fine. I envy you guys, damn california.
Yeah, I now the feeling. Here in North Carolina we get plugged up every year for our inspection. Makes you nervous to do anything cause we can't get our tags until we pass inspection. They need to leave us alone and let us play!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yeah, I now the feeling. Here in North Carolina we get plugged up every year for our inspection. Makes you nervous to do anything cause we can't get our tags until we pass inspection. They need to leave us alone and let us play!
That's worse then us here in cali eek. Ours is smog every two years starting when the vehicle is six years old. So I don't have to do my first smog until february 2014

1 - 20 of 23 Posts