Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looking at an x pipe for my 98 gt but cant decide on which to get. I have narrowed my choices to a Bassani (but dont which one yet most likely the Bx), BBK, or an UPR pipe. I wanted to know the power difference between the 3, quality, and the difference of loudness between the 3. Also what is the stock piping size. Any input is welcomed.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
You wont notice much of a difference powerwise between the 3. The difference would mainly be the sound and i would have to go with Bassani or BBK. Probably more towards bassani.

·
Registered
257 Posts
UPR has a pretty unique sound. I enjoy mine a lot, and not to mention its only like 300$ for a catted one at lethal performance. All x-pipes are pretty much the same, an x and mandrel bent pipes. Go for cheap and stainless steel. The real key is to have a good cat-back to compliment the x-pipe. Hope that helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so will a x pipe be a noticable difference over stock? as in throttle response. is fuel economy affected by using a x pipe.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I have a pacesetter off road x pipe. it sounds nice. i was suprised to hear that it didn't really crackle as much as other xpipes do......but that could just be me :D

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
If I was gunna do it again, Id get an H pipe instead of the X pipe. The H gives it a more deeper, muscluar sounds where the X is more of an exotic sound. My X sound pretty good, but I think the H would sound better. :2cents

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a UPR x and Merit Mufflers and it doesn't sound like any mustang i've ever herd. You will notice a jump in performance but the hardest thing, i think is to get them damn bolts off the headers to get the stock H off.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
yes.....what suds says....:mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks on all the input. i think might be going with bbk or a upr since they're cheaper, but more towards the upr. where is the cheapest place to get a bbk or a upr.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
go with the cheapest one you can find that has stainless steal. pretty much all x pipes sound the same. Its really the catback that changes the sound. An X pipe makes the Car really loud compared to using the Stock Midpipe. Some X pipes do have a Different sound such as UPR or VRS. i think those ones sound different then other for some reason but most will all sound the same. and you will not see any difference in power between x pipes. they all give you pretty much the same amount

1 - 14 of 14 Posts