Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to get a O/r x pipe and i wondering will it bolt up to my stock headers cause later down the road im going to get long tube headers and want to know if i can use the same O/R x pipe. Also on O/R pipes it will throws codes and make my dash lite come on I have a sct I understand it can turn off the rear o2 do I have get a custom tune or can I do it with the sct its shelf and with 4 converters how does turning only 2 off make the lite on the dash go off thanks for all your help

·
Registered
748 Posts
i know slp sells a modular x pipe that will allow you to bolt the x pipe up now, and then later when u get LTs (definitely SLP...maybe others) you can take the extensions off and use the same x pipe.

yes you'll need to use mil eliminators or turning off the rear 02s will do fine i believe....hopefully otherss can make a better statement on this. wouldnt think a custom tune would be needed. you wont have 4 converters if you do an x pipe i believe...only 2. the rear 02s are post cat and will not be registering the efficiency of the cats...since the rear 02s will be turned off or have mil eliminators in place.

you have pre 02s and post 02s so that the efficiency of the cats can be read and the emmissions system (including EGR)will have an idea of how hot/how efficient/howshot the converters are. (simply put)

·
Registered
468 Posts
you can always throw on o2 spacers like i did...this way they dont meter as much exhaust...i used two spark plug anti foulers on each side of the rear o2's...been runnin it like this for 3 years with no light and it passed emissions with no cats!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
mbm...explain that again...im interested..

and to reply to the thread...only x pipe i know of that you can use for both is the slp. and you can turn off the rears with the sct shelf tune.

·
Registered
468 Posts
alright go to your local parts store and buy two packs of spark plug anti foulers (each pack contains 2 anti foulers) get the 18 mm ones. when you get home take out your rear o2's then screw in one of the foulers into the o2 bung...take the second one and drill a 1/2 inch hole into the bottom of it (there is already a small hole in it, just make it bigger to fit the o2 into it, test fit before installing by making sure the tip of the o2 can stick out of the hole when screwed in) after drilling it out thread it into the first fouler already in the bung. Then just screw in your o2. So now ur o2 can only read the gas that is coming through a tiny hole in the first fouler

·
Registered
468 Posts
total cost about 8 bucks

·
Registered
468 Posts
yeah let me know how it works out for ya

Reactions: drazga97

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
+1 mbm

·
Registered
400 Posts
i think bassani makes a kit too but there exhaust is expensive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats want im going to end up doing getting them all at once . I would say it would be cheaper as a kit anyway thanks for all your help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts