Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SCT X3 that I got from Brenspeed last year. I've got a new email tune on the way, and since I've never plugged this thing into my computer, I figured i'd see how it works. I downloaded the SCT updater program and looked at it, but any buttons I press on it (like "get stock file" or "read device serial number") with the X3 plugged in, says "canot read data. Not a valid SCT device". I think that this could be because I never updated the firmware, so I looked into that and that is where I get confused.

On their site, it mentions that X3 programmers sold after July 08 will not have preloaded SCT tunes, and any device sold before July 08 would now use SF3 firmware. I don't remember exactly when I bought mine, but it does have the SCT tunes in it along with my Brenspeed tunes, so I guess it's the older one? So I use SF3 firmware?

When I went to download SF3 firmware it has one for enhanced programmers and one for non enhanced, but I don't know which mine is. There is mention of serial numbers in a few places, but they all mention numbers starting with "XP" but mine starts with "X3". I think I need the SF3 non-enhanced one, correct?

Lastly, when you go to update firmware it tells you to return the vehicle to stock first. I assume this is to avoid ****ing something up. So do I make the car stock, then update the firmware, then download my new email tunes, then go and flash the car with a new tune?

Sorry for all the questions. I just really don't wanna **** something up so I wanna be sure I get the right software.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is what Brenspeed sent me. Should set you straight if you follow the directions...

X3 INSTRUCTIONS

In order to load the e-mail tune on your SCT X3 you will need to download software and drivers from the SCT website. Below you will find a link to the SCT tech area where you can download the X3/Livewire drivers and update software. We have also included a link to a video. Watch the video and you will see step by step how to load the tune. There is no easier way to get the tune on the X3 than watching the video.

FYI your tune is called a Live Load Tune. You will use the Live Load Tune button in the software to load the attached e-mail tune.

Video:

SCT Automotive Performance Products

Tech page to download software:

SCT Automotive Performance Products

Once you have installed the SCT Windows drivers and the X3 device update software(all found at the above link) on your computer you can load the tunes you receive via e-mail. The tunes we sent via e-mail must be saved to your computer so you can locate them when it is time to load them on the SCT X3. Watch the video on the above link to help you load the tunes.

1. If you have not saved the tune we sent you to your desktop or a folder on your computer you will not be able to load the tune.

2. If you do not download the X3/Livewire updater software from SCT’s website you will not be able to load the tune.

3. If you have not installed the windows drivers from SCT’s website you will not be able to load the tune.

SCT will not be able to help you with vehicle related tune issues but they are very helpful at using the SCT update software as they developed the software.

For SCT software related issues please call their tech line they are very helpful 1-407-774-2447

For all Brenspeed tune related issues please don’t hesitate to call us directly at 574.594.9559.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts