Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok got 2 questions really
1.if u disconnect the battery and leave it like that for months ...when u go to hook it back up will the the computer reset itself and need to be reflashed with the tuner? reason i asked is becuz when i cranked it up the cel came on
2. i wanted to reflash it but my screen on my xcal is cracked so i cant see anything...that being said if i buy another xcal from brenspeed will it work on my computer? im think it will since i believe the computer reset itself but not sure.:sorry thanks guys:)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok got 2 questions really
1.if u disconnect the battery and leave it like that for months ...when u go to hook it back up will the the computer reset itself and need to be reflashed with the tuner? reason i asked is becuz when i cranked it up the cel came on
2. i wanted to reflash it but my screen on my xcal is cracked so i cant see anything...that being said if i buy another xcal from brenspeed will it work on my computer? im think it will since i believe the computer reset itself but not sure.:sorry thanks guys:)
any info input etc will bre greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
No need to reflash. Its called "flashing" because it reprograms the chip. If you are the electronics soldering type i may be able to find out where you can buy another screen. If not i'd look for a used unlocked xcal. If you have a .ll3 then don't update because you will need to get a .cef from your dealer with the new serial number. Or just run the same tune and use a laptop to datalog. Or memorize the menus and don't use the screen.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No need to reflash. Its called "flashing" because it reprograms the chip. If you are the electronics soldering type i may be able to find out where you can buy another screen. If not i'd look for a used unlocked xcal. If you have a .ll3 then don't update because you will need to get a .cef from your dealer with the new serial number. Or just run the same tune and use a laptop to datalog. Or memorize the menus and don't use the screen.
thankx for the info bro but im slow...i got the soldering part and no im not.... and ll3 im guessing ur talking about the code its throwing and whats the .cef? maybe i didnt word it right my fault.....If i just load the tune up again in the car is that a common fix to cels coming on after the battery has disconnected for a long period of time?

·
Registered
212 Posts
If I understand the question right, and you loaded the xcal tune before you disconnected the battery then that's what will be there when you reconnect. How much did you drive it with xcal tune before you disconnected battery and let it sit for all that time and what mods ? Chances are it would've thrown the cel anyway or your battery or altenator are on their way out and sitting all that time just sped it up. Maybe the cel will indicate (just a guess :eek:)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I understand the question right, and you loaded the xcal tune before you disconnected the battery then that's what will be there when you reconnect. How much did you drive it with xcal tune before you disconnected battery and let it sit for all that time and what mods ? Chances are it would've thrown the cel anyway or your battery or altenator are on their way out and sitting all that time just sped it up. Maybe the cel will indicate (just a guess :eek:)

mods are 4.10s jlt intake o/r h pipe catback bbk throttle body...the car has been sittin up for about a year.drovbe the car with the tune and mods for almost a year as well.... i know the xcal can pull codes but my screen is busted..but i dont know anybody close or anything that has one

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mods are 4.10s jlt intake o/r h pipe catback bbk throttle body...the car has been sittin up for about a year.drovbe the car with the tune and mods for almost a year as well.... i know the xcal can pull codes but my screen is busted..but i dont know anybody close or anything that has one
know what somebody just gave me an internet slap to the face.....man i panic to much and dont think...nevermind gotta solution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts