Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my tuner a e mail about this but maybe you guys have had the same problem and know how to fix it. I have installed the drivers and installed livelink on my laptop. I pluged the xcal 2 to the car then started livelink then pluged the xcal to the laptop. I then clicked on the graph and get this message. If anyone else has gotten this message and knows how to fix it plase help, if not I will just have to wait for a responce email but hopping to get this done today.:)

First pop up:
"Open device fail"
Press OK
Second pop up:
"Device initialization failed, check connection"
Press OK
Third pop up
Please enter ECM iD(strategy) | Box |
Press OK
Fourth box
"System.Accessviolation.Exception Attempted to read or write protection memory. This is often an indication that the memory is corrupt at SCT Data. Sqlite client.sqlite.sqlite3 column_text(inptr statement . Int32 at SCT Data.sqlite client.sqlite data reader. get string Int32. at SCT Xc2 live DMT database. Get pid tadle ford)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:yes sent joe a e-mail, just wanted to see if anyone on here could give me a quick fix so I get the logs to him quicker. What can I say, im excited.:D

·
Registered
302 Posts
I had to pick just the right USB port out of the 6 on my laptop. PITA M-er F-er. The only part of the SCT PRP kit that I had trouble with.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Right click my computer
Scroll to manage
Go to device manager

See if there is a yellow question mark under the USB...

If theres a yellow question mark there...

Right click question mark...
Update driver...
Have it search the CD for the driver...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I found out it had to do with using windows vista. What I had to do was go to the livelink properties, then use the program as a administrator and set it for windows xp. It works now and my tunning is in progress.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks, I found out it had to do with using windows vista. What I had to do was go to the livelink properties, then use the program as a administrator and set it for windows xp. It works now and my tunning is in progress.:)
how do you "use the program as a administrator" im having the same problem

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go to where ever you saved the program, right click on the icon that you use to open the program, go down to properties, a window will open, click on the compatability tab,put a check mark in the box th "run this program in compatabilty for" then in the box below it put windows xp, then I think it was put a check on disable visual themes, then click the box run as administrator and save and I think that should solve your problem. The full instructions are on SCT forums but im sure that that was all. good luck hope it works, when you first hit the graph in livelink you might get a error just click ok and you should be ready to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts