Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i adjust my factory tune? like loade it onto the xcal then onto my computer and change timing and such?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinkin you could save the orig and save the changed as something like tune1 and the orig as stock1.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i can just use live load and save it as somethin els? because i dont want to pay for a tune from your buddy joe tell he gets in them new plx gauge and i can get my wide band all at once allong with the 2years of tunes. plus i need to save a little cash.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
You can change the file name on your computer.

I am sure you and Joe can work something out. :)

just tell him I sent ya.
are you looking at the DM-100?
they should be in stock.
If not I am sure he will still give you a package deal and just mail the gauge when it gets in.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have talked to him allot he is freaking amazing he knows his stuff big time i can just tell,

but i just want to bump my timing and its too cold out (-15) for me to sit in the leather lol. so can i just pull my stock tune without putting in a new one? i have tunes for a 98 cobra with boost, but i have a 02 gt...so i dont have a tune to swap it out with...

the plx i want is the dm-200obd2 PLX Devices Inc. - DM-200 OBD II 60mm Universal Gauge it is sweet! along woth the wideband i think its the best gauge out there...just my $.02

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Yea the DM200 is a very nice gauge.

you could bump your timing manually via the cps.

But I would just wait until you get the tuner honestly.
get a base tune put on it, than data log and send it to joe or a different tuner to write you a custom tune.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have the tuner i got it new from a guy that blew his motor i just wanted to tweak my stock tune. i know about timing i do it to all my 5.0 mustangs and i wanted to do the same to my 4.6 and play with extreme tune and i dont want to pay for a tune until i get done with some other things... so there is no way to pull my tune without putting on a diff one?
thanks!

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
if the xcal you bought has the options programed to tweak your tune then yes you can.
Some Do,with others
you have to have a tune written for you.
it depends on where the guy got it from.
normally you would pay extra for a pro racer package.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i guess im lost i thought i could change things like richness, idle, timing, gears and shift control if i had an auto, with the extreme tune software.

i give up i can build a computer and work with linix but i cant figure this thing out... i open up the program, it asks me to load up a tune to customize, all i need is a way to get my stock tune from my car- to the xcal then onto my computer to bump my timing and change my gear ratio, i thought it would be easy like a few clicks on the xcal, also it says on the box"Xcalibrator 2 user adjustable obd-II Flash tool"...

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
you need to make a tune or have one made for you in order to tweak it.
basically you need a template tune to mess with.

you can't use the OE tune and tweak it bro. that needs to be saved in case you ever
have to sell the xcal or the car or something.
the soft ware should have the parameters in it for you to change.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i understand i need to keep the stock i thout i could do something like "save as" like when you tweak pics or docs. and stuff i understand thanks i sorry i wasnt tryin to be stubborn i was just kinda lost ps. about every post i have ever seen of your has helped me out allot that how i came across tricktunners thanks

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I didn't mean cps.. my bad.

you can do 2 things to manually adjust your timing.
buy a timing adjuster or do the ait mod (don't do the ait resistor mod lol)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ill just do a tune once i sell my 94,
im buyin 3v heads i have been reading up on them and it would be fun to have N/A power:D i found a vid and i fell in love:humpnana

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I wouldn't adjust the timing by tricking the computer. It may work sometimes, but its asking for trouble. If you already have the xcal its only $40 for the tuning services (unless you need a WO2). The DM-200 gauges should have shipped last th, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll post up a review as soon as i get mine installed.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i want to be one of the first! Pm me once you get the price for the gauge and wideband combo i want it and might have the money now

1 - 19 of 19 Posts