Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a XCAL 3 and C&L RACER combo for $430 shipped I was wondering what I would have to do to make the XCAL 3 mine... It was previously owned and is unlocked... Also what is PCM do I have to do something with that???

Is there anything I should know about this tuner... I heard a rumor that once you plug in the Tuner your TCS light does not change... Any info would be great I am new too tuners...

-Joe

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
click my sig :)

your PCM is another word for ECU

pull off your drivers side kick panel to read the numbers off of it.

you give those numbers to a professional tuner so they can write you a tune.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
WHERE THE HELL are yall getting these combos so cheap... i cant find any cheaper than 500-600 bucks... damn.. id like to find one for 430 shipped... someone got one some advice...

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I just bought a XCAL 3 and C&L RACER combo for $430 shipped I was wondering what I would have to do to make the XCAL 3 mine... It was previously owned and is unlocked... Also what is PCM do I have to do something with that???

Is there anything I should know about this tuner... I heard a rumor that once you plug in the Tuner your TCS light does not change... Any info would be great I am new too tuners...

-Joe
As soon as you backup the factory tune to the handheld SCT, which is the first step in tuning your car with a tuner, the tuner is then 'married' to your PCM and thus' yours'.

Or you can drop a load on it. That will also make it yours. :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
then sell it in the classifieds or put it in your sig as a link :)
New around and i dont wanna do that just yet, i post on another site (im an actual member there) and i get pretty mad when people register to our site and immediatly(spell check) start selling parts. As soon as im a little more known here i'll throw it up for sale :cool:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do I have to do anything once I get the tuner since it was used by someone else??? Or since it has preprogramed tunes on it will I be able to use any of those... The SCT 3 came with the C&L racer intake will I be able to use the Tunes on the Tuner for the intake or do I have to have someone make me custom tunes???

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
click my sig :)

your PCM is another word for ECU

pull off your drivers side kick panel to read the numbers off of it.

you give those numbers to a professional tuner so they can write you a tune.
Its actually under the hood near the fuse box ;)

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
it depends on what car the tuner came off of man.

$40.00 instead of the $70-$125 other places charge will get you a tune from me which includes 2 years or free re tunes if you add mods. I don't care if it's a blower.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
So in other words I will have to pay to have tunes made now.. I will not be able to use my Intake once I get it...
Canned tunes will work if they support your intake, and they should. You should get custom tunes when you can, but the canned tunes will work untill then

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Even though someone used this intake and tuner on their car first... I was under the impression that they did something with the PCM that made it only accessible to one specific car....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts