Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is you idle set at,I will take the car to the tuner to get my mess up tune straight up now my car idle at 1020,I am sure those cams gonna idle nice at 850-900.

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
Mine idles at around 900 as well.

It also bucks like a pissed-off rhino. Methinks I need some new motor mounts.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I remember ajm had his blower cams, he was idling at 650. Sounded nasty.

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's what i was thinking around 900 those cams will idle really nice.I gotta get my ride tuned asap!!!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have mine set at 975. If I went lower I kept having it stall out when coming to a stop. Now they way It is tuned it revs and holds at 2k when coming to a stop and when you are down to a crawl and dead stop it drops down to the set idle. It sounds like an old school choke on a carbed motor.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Mine idles at around 900 as well.

It also bucks like a pissed-off rhino. Methinks I need some new motor mounts.
It is not tuned properly if it bucks or surges.

OP, I run the larger 278s and I have set my idle to 900. It does fine at 800 also, but it cams a little to hard down there.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have mine set at 975. If I went lower I kept having it stall out when coming to a stop. Now they way It is tuned it revs and holds at 2k when coming to a stop and when you are down to a crawl and dead stop it drops down to the set idle. It sounds like an old school choke on a carbed motor.
Same here. We had many of hours of tuning in the idle. It was a real PITA.

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
It is not tuned properly if it bucks or surges.

OP, I run the larger 278s and I have set my idle to 900. It does fine at 800 also, but it cams a little to hard down there.
It doesn't surge. And when I said bucks, I meant it just shakes. You can watch the motor roll from side to side. It's definitely a mount issue, as soon as I give it gas and the engine torques over to one side, it's smooth as glass.

The sound is pure sex, a deep consistent lope, runs great.

I'm thinking solid mounts...

·
Registered
697 Posts
I understand. He's the only tuner I've dealt with and am very pleased thus far. Did any of your engines blow on his dyno?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts