Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I like how they look on the pics on the website (USA AND  CANADA ) but are they going to stay on? I mean it says they are installed with double sided tape for gods sake. Any ideas on the matter? Also could I possibly use maybe liquid nails or some other **** to get them on?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Liquid nails on your car? I'd rather have double sided mounting tape which is what most factories use to hold on emblems, doorguards, etc... Liquid nails will most likely rip off the paint if you want to remove it down the road.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Liquid nails on your car? I'd rather have double sided mounting tape which is what most factories use to hold on emblems, doorguards, etc... Liquid nails will most likely rip off the paint if you want to remove it down the road.

I realize this but I dont want the things to blow off at a high rate of speed. And I believe they dont mount on the paint. At least it looks that way in the pics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The tape holds fine. Dont worry about them flying off. Just make sure to install them right and in the heat. They look awesome btw :p

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm sure someone could install them and pull of that look. But I think you would have to do a lot of exterior mods before they would flow well with the rest of car. Otherwise they might just look outa place like a whaletail on a FWD civic.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am also gonna put on the XENON side scoops so in my opinion it will "flow" fine with both. Also maybe a saleen style rear bumper. And It was just a question on which would work the best. Dont be going on about how I am a complete dumbass for wanting to put liquid nails on my windows. It was just the first glue type stuff that popped into my head when I asked the question. Thanks for yalls help.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I didn't mean you were a dumbass, just wandered why you would put it on the car. Understandable why it would be the first to pop into anyone's since it's about as universal as duct tape. I do think that with the side scoops it will go well. Be sure to post up pics here or send them to me. I would like to see how it turns out. Also if you are going to be doing any work on the spoiler, you might consider moving it back a little to give your car a slightly more aggressive look. I'm planning on moving mine when I get my car back.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't mean you were a dumbass, just wandered why you would put it on the car. Understandable why it would be the first to pop into anyone's since it's about as universal as duct tape. I do think that with the side scoops it will go well. Be sure to post up pics here or send them to me. I would like to see how it turns out. Also if you are going to be doing any work on the spoiler, you might consider moving it back a little to give your car a slightly more aggressive look. I'm planning on moving mine when I get my car back.
Will do and I was thinking about doing that too. Is that a pain to do though?

·
Registered
990 Posts
i like the window scoops, and from the picture, i think that parts of the scoops do touch the paint...cause if it didnt touch the paint then they window scoops would have to be rounded to fit the C pillars... my .02!

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
No question those touch the paint...what else do you have on your car exterior appearance wise to match those? That's the thing with me I think they CAN look good if you have hood/side scoops of some sort and maybe even a body kit... they just make the car look so much wider up top, that if you have stock sixxer side scoops and all it wouldn't look proportionate.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts