Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Comp XE262AH installed with pics and videos!

Cams and Steeda under drive pulleys (I figure they can't hurt since I'll be removing the stockers anyhow.) The install should be fun. I'll take pictures of the install and post them here.

**Update**

I finished up the cam install this weekend, I did use a degree wheel to check where the cams were once installed and found that they were pretty close to spec on both sides and opted not to degree them. The passenger side came in between 107.5 - 108 ICL and the driver was between 109 and 109.5 ICL with the cam spec being 109 degrees. I took measurements multiple times and arrived at the same answer. I know people will disagree but I couldn't see spending hours filing and rechecking for such a small difference (especially when you look at exactly how small a degree is on a degree wheel). My Bullit engine has 10,700 miles on it so I left the factory springs in there as the engine is barely broken in yet :) .

I found many useful threads on cam installs on this forum so rather then flood it with another. I figured I add a few things I ran into and a few pics along the way. I found the following links helpful along with the Ford service manual for specs and procedures.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/113844-cam-degreeing-write-up.html
Cam Degree
Cam Installation

In all the threads I went through I don't recall this ever coming up. Now I may be the only one who ran into the issues, but I feel it's something that could easily be missed if not paying attention. When I started to remove the engine harness, I noticed that almost all of the little red seals from the connector side of the fuel injector clips were staying on the injector itself or falling on to the intake. See pics below.

Besides that, the rest of the removal went smoothly. Having an air compressor and all the proper tools helped greatly. More pics of the install.

Stock cams about to come out. I did end up removing the T/B for room to install the cam cover when it was going back together.

Comp driver side cam, get a bottle of lube from comp or similar, you will need it.

Steeda pulleys

Finished product

The passenger side valve cover was a b*tch to install because of the heater and fuel lines by the firewall. I found the new VC gasket kept falling out of the groove when trying to slip the cover in place. I used a little bit of tacky sealant in spots to hold it in place. The driver side went in without issue.

Now to the sounds!
The vehicle in its current state is as follows.

Stock exhaust manifolds
Bassani Catted Xpipe
Stock "Bullitt" catback
JLT air filter and heat shield
Stock Bullitt intake

Stock cams

Comp XE262's

I plan on getting a dyno tune in the coming months. Probably when spring hits and the salt clears off the roads.

All pics and vids were taken with a cell phone so sorry for the lack of quality :)

Thanks for checking out my thread :drink

Steve K

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
nice what cams are those?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Nice man. 262's or 270's? Are you going to upgrade the springs and turn 7k rpm?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
262's, I'm keeping it mild this time around as I just don't have much time anymore to get to the track :( . I figure the specs of the cam should help me N/A but with the 113 LSA can work with a super charger down the road. If I go that route of course. On top of that I got a killer deal from American Muscle using our discount.

No springs, I don't plan to spin it super fast and my engine only has 10k miles, I know it's ill advised anyway but I'll accept any consequences :)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Yeah man. Post the dyno results when you get it tuned. Id like to see how much of a gain you get.

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
You want to come and install my cams for me haha

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Nice, I wouldn't mind some cams :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts