Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Captain of Squad 11
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay im 17 work at fast food to pay for my own car its hard but i do it its a 2009 v6 mustang and i love it :) but what really ****in pisses me off is when a GD suv or sedan pulls in my drive thru and there gauges are reading 160+ why the hell couldnt ford just at least put us some 140 gauges in these i mean honestly its gay to only read 120 ...the next time a altima comes in with 160 on the dash im pourin there damn dr pepper on there head <.< :mad: :D

·
I Handle Meat Entirely Way Too Much
8,744 Posts
it doesnt matter
since when are muscle cars made for top speed?
i dont care about anything past 120 really, thats alot unless on the drag strip, its the 1/4 mile time that really matters, noone buys a stang to go 150 mph

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Because going more than 120 in our cars is very dangerous. And not just because of the speed, but because the car isn't meant to go much faster. The driveshaft alone is inadequate for going 120+.

I'd rather be able to max my speedometer out than not be able to reach the limit of it. The Altima will not hit 160. Well, neither will your car hit 120, unless you turn the ESC off.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Put some 4.10+ gears on there and you won't have to worry about hitting the end of the speedo. With 4.10's I redline 4th gear at ~90mph and I don't think I could push 5th to 120.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Put some 4.10+ gears on there and you won't have to worry about hitting the end of the speedo. With 4.10's I redline 4th gear at ~90mph and I don't think I could push 5th to 120.
Ive hit 120 with 4.10s and I dont Think I redlined. Hmm. But yeah I feel like they should of gave us the 160 spedo like gt's. It wont bother you after a little. The higher your spedo goes up is inverse to your penis size :D

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Ive hit 120 with 4.10s and I dont Think I redlined. Hmm. But yeah I feel like they should of gave us the 160 spedo like gt's. It wont bother you after a little. The higher your spedo goes up is inverse to your penis size :D
Your battery light come on? Haha it always worries me when I hit 5k RPM and I can just hear the engine roaring and the battery light comes on :p

·
Captain of Squad 11
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did you not read my post im SEVENTEEN working for MINIMUM WAGE i CANNOT AFFORD A GT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol but yea srsly i no guys but it just grinds my gears ;) family guy reference FTW

·
Registered
61 Posts
You could always buy GT gauges?

I've taken it to 115 and it scared the ever-loving **** out of me. The car was shaking and I honestly thought **** was going to start falling off the car. I was pissed off at the time, so I didn't back down, but I probably won't ever take it past ninety again, unless I'm on the strip. No thanks.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I dunno... I'd rather have gauges that reflected the actual range of usage. It's more satisfying to see 120 and hit 120 than to see 160 and know you've never had that speedo even 3/4s of the way there.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts