Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was told the motor in my 8 8lx is from a 91...where can i find out if its true or not..i heard stamped on the block, but i cant find it..

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
near the oil pain rail on the driver side of the motor is a flat boss with numbers stamped on it.

the first set will be the date code

c=60's
d=70's
e=80's
f=90's
the next number is the month it was built

01=jan
02=feb

the next few numbers/letters are what type of vehicle it was in etc etc

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im sorry, but i dont understand what the il pan rail is...is that just where the pan meets the block?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
soo heres what i found out....i cant seem to find a date on the motor...but i went to the store to buy an oil pressure sending unit for an 88 and it matches the one on the motor....my friend says the motor was a 93...but the 93 oil pressure sending unit doesnt match the one on the motor..soooo i assume its an 88

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
if you lay on your back under the car, next to the area where the oil pan meets the block there will be a flat shelf with numbers and letters stamped into it. If the motor is in the car it will be on the drivers side, if the motor is out of the car and flipped up with the mains facing 12oclock it will be on the passenger side.

Look at the list of numbers, reading from the back of the motor to the front and that will be your build date

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
soo this is what i came up with there was a big number 32, and e7te i feel like this number is to short. is this the wrong one?!?! ugh

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
87 block

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is that the right number. r u sure thats what it is. i found it on the block on the pass. side where the oil pan meets the block, but the numbers were upside down

1 - 12 of 12 Posts